Thread: PSP2TV - Dualshock support. How does it work?

DCEmu Rookie

Default PSP2TV - Dualshock support. How does it work?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on this point.

To my knowledge, PSP2TV is the only modification that allows you to hook up any kind of external controller to PSP. Specifically, a dual-shock ps2 controller.

I have looked at the psp2tv install guide, and it is a no-soldier install.

It appears that the PSP has some kind of port interface on its motherboard that allows a PS2 controller to be hooked up to it? It's just a matter of where.

The reason I ask is because I would like to hook up my own ps2 controller to my psp, but i don't want to spend $120, and i don't need the TV output function.

if i could have a ps2 controller, the possibilities would be endless, because i could hardware mod the controller to all different kinds of setups like soldering on my own buttons (without destroying the original psp hardware), designing my own joysticks, or hooking up my own custom made DDR pad to the psp.

So.. does anyone know HOW the dualshock support works for psp2tv? and would it be relatively simple to solder my own dongle onto the psp's motherboard that i could just plug a ps2 controller into?

Thanks for any responses.

DCEmu Newbie

where can you get it from
    how much does it cost.
    my silly idea because the psp has a infared port I thought it would may be possible to control the psp using a universal remote am i mad, I don't like psp's controls.
    please reply to this thx

Thread Information