Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customer finds ecstasy pills in pre-owned GTAIV box

Blog Entries

General games Customer finds ecstasy pills in pre-owned GTAIV box

A consumer has discovered pills, believed to be ecstasy tablets, inside the box of a pre-owned copy of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Richard Thornhill bought the title from a Gamestation store in Gloucestershire and found the pills inside the box - wrapped in cling film - which he delivered to a nearby police station.

He was offered an apology by the store, but expressed his fear over concerns that his 12 year-old son or 16 year-old daughter could have been harmed.

"When I opened the box up, the cling film wrap fell out. I could not believe it," he told the Telegraph. "I have two children and my son plays Xbox all the time. He could easily have opened the box and found them.

"I dread to think what the consequences would have been if he had. He is only 12. He could have died.

"It was a pre-used game, but that should not make a difference," he said. "My wife is beside herself over this because she keeps thinking about what could have happened and so do I."

Gamestation commented: "We have rigorous procedures for accepting pre-owned titles and checking them before they are put back on sale.

"We have launched an immediate investigation and we will work closely with police to find out what happened in this instance. It would be inappropriate to comment further until the police investigation is complete."

Gloucestershire police said: "We have collected the tablets and will be destroying them at a later date. It is likely that they are ecstasy pills.

"We are now conducting enquiries to see if it can be established who brought them into the store."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...wned-gtaiv-box

DCEmu Coder

"I dread to think what the consequences would have been if he had. He is only 12. He could have died.
    No he wouldn't. MDMA is a relatively safe drug, the only mainstream death (Leah Betts) was due to her insane water consumption (18 pints in an hour), not from the drug itself.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm more alarmed by the parent allowing a minor to play a cert18 game.. FFS! The game is rated 18 for a reason! idiot parents.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny_Jim View Post
    No he wouldn't. MDMA is a relatively safe drug, the only mainstream death (Leah Betts) was due to her insane water consumption (18 pints in an hour), not from the drug itself.
    Yeah ecstacy stops the kidneys from functioning right and too much fluid can result in drowning the brain *hemeridge* but isn't this a double crime? Gta for a 12 year old, 2 birds with one stone lol

Cape Town, South Africa. Where the girl to guy ratio is 7 to 1!

It just goes to show that X-Box leads to drugs... now, if it was the PS3 equivalent of the game, the user would have less expendable income to spend on ... erm... other entertainment.

But seriously? How trippy would one have to be to lose your stash like that?
    Idiots

And TRUE about the rating, pops should look at the games his kids are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Gamestation commented: "We have rigorous procedures for accepting pre-owned titles and checking them before they are put back on sale.
    Then one of Gamestation employees stupidly lost his stash and probably his job.

Also 12 y/o kid should not be allowed to play GTA IV, stupid parents

Then again it's a used game, didn't he checked the disc for scratches, see how bad it was before he actually bought it

Has no-one thought it could have been one of the gamestation staff that put it in? A lot of the people i seen working there are bitter surly teenagers.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post
    Then one of Gamestation employees stupidly lost his stash and probably his job.

Also 12 y/o kid should not be allowed to play GTA IV, stupid parents

Then again it's a used game, didn't he checked the disc for scratches, see how bad it was before he actually bought it
    I don't understand how this happened at our local gamestop almost all of the actual disks are behind the counter, especially popular games like GTA only the cases are on the shelves. Which means that they have to open the case in the store to put the disk in it.

I agree this was most likely an employee of gamestop in my opinion something like... the boss is coming quick put that away.... or maybe he was using the gamestop as a cover to traffic drugs lol.

What's funny though is this will probably be used by the media as another reason why GTA is bad. LOL Stupid Media....

Edit --

I now see that this is "Gamestation" not "Gamestop"
    Last edited by gumgod; April 9th, 2009 at 14:52.

Or maybe it's the 16 year old girl's stash, if she had a chance to hide it there?

PSP User

That sounds a lot more fun than the prizes that come in cereal!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information