Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPS 1-2 Emulator for the PSP(Developer (s) Needed)

Default FB Alpha: CPS 1-2 Emulator for the PSP(Developer(s) Needed)

FB Alpha: CPS 1-2 Emulator for the Sony PSP
    (Final Burn Alpha: Capcom Play System 1-2 Emulator)

What is FB Alpha?
    FB Alpha (Final Burn Alpha) is originally a Neo-Geo, CPS-1, and CPS-2 emulator for PC which is OPEN SOURCE.

Project:
    Since the PSP is not going be able to emulate the Neo-Geo to its full extent, I only want to get the CPS-1, and CPS-2 emulated on to the PSP, the thing is I don't have 1 drop of coding knowledge, and can only do a decent amount of PhotoShop work. I read a topic about someone wanting to port 'Kawaks' to the PSP, but that went no where, so I started this project. It would be nice if I could get 2-3 developers/coders, I already have some things planed in the graphical sections so that’s a start.

Informative Links:
    FB Alpha website- http://fba.emuunlim.com/
    CPS2 Shock website- http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/
    CPS-1 Wikipedia website- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-1
    CPS-2 Wikipedia website- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS-2

Explanation:
    The CPS is basically all your favorite arcade “classics” from the 80s-90s by Capcom, into one system. They were or still are mainly known because of the Street Fighter Series, the Marvel Series, and Darkstalker Series as well. Remember back in the 80s or 90s when you walked in to the arcade, and kicked some major butt on Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting? or Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Superheroes?, well lets relive those days, but on the PSP.
    (Note: If you don't have a CPS-1 or CPS-2 you shouldn’t download backed up copies, unless you have the original boards.)

Anyone interested? It would be a great community project
    (Dcemu PSP Community, and PS2Dev PSP Community)

-killings$#@!/XEvilBladesX

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,

I would love to help you out anyway I can.
    Though I am not a programmer I might be able to get others involved.
    I run the website Pspemulation.com

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Took a very quick look through the source files, there is very little assembly in the source whih makes it a lot easier to port, however, a bit concerned by the number of DirectX related files to handle the graphics, sound and input. Hopefully the DX is optional.

Also there is memory limitation for rom sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by yaustar
    Took a very quick look through the source files, there is very little assembly in the source whih makes it a lot easier to port, however, a bit concerned by the number of DirectX related files to handle the graphics, sound and input. Hopefully the DX is optional.

Also there is memory limitation for rom sizes.
    Ahh I see, well most ROMs when zipped are around 23MB or something around there, don't know if the PSP would be able to load them, but I think it might be able to. As for DX, I don't think it is optional, if you use FB Alpha and go to 'Select Video Blitter' the Basic video blitter uses "DirectDraw 7". I am not sure though as it seems that it only works when blitters are activated, but still might be working on the sound portion.

Emuxxx:
    I would really appreciate it if you got more people to join, I currently have no devs and only 1 GUI artist (me), but I hope that yaustar would join. Anyways thanks for your help Emuxxx, hope you find some people who are interested.

What about callus, i remember that was ran in doss. Was the source ever released for that?

im going to suggest you post this in "submit news" youll get more clicks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    im going to suggest you post this in "submit news" youll get more clicks that way.
    Thats not a bad idea, can a mod or someone move this topic there?

DCEmu Newbie

I wouldn't bother starting a new port of FBA for the psp, one is already well under way.

Quote Originally Posted by TMaul
    I wouldn't bother starting a new port of FBA for the psp, one is already well under way.
    Ok, can you tell me who is making it, and where can i find information about it? Just saying dont start isn't good enough.

DCEmu Newbie

Fine, start your own port.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information