Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey 64 v1.0 - First Release

Alright I apologise about the nintendo ds comment i did not think everyone was going to get so up tight about it. Any ways what i meant was I think it was a bad decision the fact my little brother traded in his PSP for a Nintendo DS one because with emulation and homebrew it gives the PSP in my opinion an infinite replay value. And just look at the price comparison to a PSP and a Nintendo DS after all he did tell me to get him a PSP for his birthday. And then he pulls a stunt like that. I just think its dumb. And in my opion (mine only) The PSP beats the Nintendo DS by miles. But hey other people may feel different. Even though soon enough the PSP will be able to emulate n64.

DCEmu Newbie

You are by far psmonkey, the best coder for the psp. Not only am I looking foward to your n64 emulator but im also looking foward to iris. Both of your projects look very promising for the future. Also, in the future do u think your n64 emulator will be able to play banjo kazooie or banjo tooie at playable speeds?

I think that trading a DS for PSP is a bad choice. And when PSmonkey gets monkey64 running good, I might favor the PSP a little more than the DS, but just a little (big Nintendo fan).

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

DCEmu Newbie

i dont know how to work the emu or put game on the n64 file!!!! please help!!

I tried on 2.6 w/ newest fanjita eloader, using a mortal combat rom, any roms you know of that work at a playable speed? BTW Excellent work, I am looking forward to Golden Eye

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    If you can that would be wonderful. I partly gave up since the release is not far away but would love to have it for collecting.
    PM me where u want it shipped to and i would be happy to oblidge (especially if i can beta your new Iris )

Default thank you!!!!

it helped debtor

DCEmu Newbie

Hey Monkey64 you say Mortal Kombat Trilogies is playable, as in you can start an actual fight? When I run the rom I get to the title screen with a bunch of squares on it, and the pink cursor which is highlighting the different game modes is moving to the right without me doing anything. If I press start then I get taken to the option menu and all of the options are moving to the right without me doing anything. So I figured that the emu was constantly registering up and right (because to access the options menu from the title screen you have to hold up and press start). So I went back to the title screen and held down and left and pressed start, which I think got me to the character select screen (although I couldnt tell what I was doing since everything was a bunch of squares), and from there I pressed start and the emu froze.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by qaopjlll
    Hey Monkey64 you say Mortal Kombat Trilogies is playable, as in you can start an actual fight? When I run the rom I get to the title screen with a bunch of squares on it, and the pink cursor which is highlighting the different game modes is moving to the right without me doing anything. If I press start then I get taken to the option menu and all of the options are moving to the right without me doing anything. So I figured that the emu was constantly registering up and right (because to access the options menu from the title screen you have to hold up and press start). So I went back to the title screen and held down and left and pressed start, which I think got me to the character select screen (although I couldnt tell what I was doing since everything was a bunch of squares), and from there I pressed start and the emu froze.
    You are onto something. I dont know why it registers up & left always (pd roms show that input is correct so it could be an emulation error). Anyways as soon as I get to the player screen I quickly hold left & start. Then after a while (takes a bit) you get what looks like the difficulty pillers. When you get here hold select to pick the first and when it starts scrolling down keep pressing start & A or b. It will cut out early and launch the fight. It's easy to notice ur in game when you see blue bars at the top (its health bars).

Default It's Aaallliiivvveee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAA! I finally got it to where you can fight. Thanks PSmonkey. Your little button tricks worked

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Thread Information