Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monkey 64 v1.0 - First Release

PSP Coder

hehe sweet,

anyways not much of an update over the weekend. I'm having trouble with tile loading. All the plugins seem to copy the same bit of code for byteswaping the data but its in pure x86 asm (my weakness, I can handle risc based asm). Anyways I have a friend who is gonna give me a rough c translation of the code which will help. At most so far I can get a garbled acclaim logo from bust-a-move 2.

Anyways since I got a little fed up last night I moved onto other things. I desided to get bust-a-move & mortal kombat mithologies progressing. I now have bust-a-move getting to the title screen (i think it stops from there but hard to tell) which is great. Mk mithologies progresses but still needs more opcodes. :/

So thats about it for now. I'll hopefuly get the byteswap code today from my friend to fix things.

Cool! This emu is getting better and better!

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Talking

ya,it definitely is,and those are some of my favorite games soo....yay!

PSP Coder

Ok well interesting things. I still having problems with tiles but today desided to quickly pop in TLUT = Texture Look Up Table / Palettes. Well there are sadly color & sync issues but its interesting that it's drawing some text characters.

Anyways I though I would post since alot where wanting to see some progress. First is from MK Mithologies, Second is from MK Trillogy. Ingamestuff is still not correct.

DCEmu Newbie

Conidering that as of three days ago those letters
    were white boxes, I'd say this is some very good progress
    keep it up.

Very nice work!
    Is there anyway you can fit in a full screen mode in the future?
    If so that would be great
    Please keep up the good work we are counting on you!

Man im really looking foward to the next release more progress keeps getting made good work PSmonkey you have my full supports.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm sure he will get it full screen but first he of course needs to focus on the basics which he is doing extremely well, he's not throwing out a bunch of extra and useless features on to the table at this point. He is instead just giving us updates on how the basic stuff is going and not making promises, which I respect him for that.

Also I do not think I have read anywhere that this is open source or anything, so umm is it? And if so are you only selecting particular programmers to give it to? And if not, why not? Why must your code be a secret?

If any road blocks happen to try and cease the developement would it not be in the best interest to everyone including yourself to leave it open? Open Source is unstoppable.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by glitch
    I'm sure he will get it full screen but first he of course needs to focus on the basics which he is doing extremely well, he's not throwing out a bunch of extra and useless features on to the table at this point. He is instead just giving us updates on how the basic stuff is going and not making promises, which I respect him for that.

Also I do not think I have read anywhere that this is open source or anything, so umm is it? And if so are you only selecting particular programmers to give it to? And if not, why not? Why must your code be a secret?

If any road blocks happen to try and cease the developement would it not be in the best interest to everyone including yourself to leave it open? Open Source is unstoppable.
    Its supost to be opensource but I was not ready to post source for last build since i was in the middle of stuff (plus i need to rewrite some parts). I hope to post with v1.1 where it will be more useful.

Nice progress Monkey.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

Thread Information