Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how about KERNEL MODE?!

DCEmu Newbie

Lightbulb how about KERNEL MODE?!

Would this emulator work better in Kernel Mode? Because i mean.. if you can't get it to work right in User Mode, then wouldn't the sensible thing be try it in Kernel Mode? Just a thought.. Because I'm sure a LOT of people would LOVE to be ACTUALLY playing N64 games at a decent framerate without glitching, and such.. ANyway, im not trying to be rude or anything.. im just making a suggestion as to a way to get this thing working properly..

Any feedback would be appreciated..

PS. good work, keep it up!

GP2X Coder/Moderator

PSMonkey is still building the core so optimising at this point is pretty much moot till we have a proper benchmark that can be used to judge where the optimisations are going to be most use.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by demologik
    Would this emulator work better in Kernel Mode? Because i mean.. if you can't get it to work right in User Mode, then wouldn't the sensible thing be try it in Kernel Mode? Just a thought.. Because I'm sure a LOT of people would LOVE to be ACTUALLY playing N64 games at a decent framerate without glitching, and such.. ANyway, im not trying to be rude or anything.. im just making a suggestion as to a way to get this thing working properly..

Any feedback would be appreciated..

PS. good work, keep it up!
    Kernal has no point at the current time. I am not doing anything advanced at the moment to justify being in kernal mode. Allowing 2.0+ users to play the emulator out weights being in kernal mode for no reason. Eventualy yes I might push into using the Multimedia Engine which will require me to run in kernal mode but for the time being it dont really matter.

Also speed increase will come when i do dynamic recompiler core. I want a solid setup & interpreter core first.

Sweet

Any of u on right now?

When you do go to Kernal mode for monkey64. That is when I'm gona go on ebay or Gamestop and get ether a 1.0, 1.5, 1.52 or 2.0 so I can downgrade and beable to use programs that need kernal mode. Right now I have a 2.5 PSP and as much as I love the N64 I'd have to buy a new PSP (well not new, It would be older), mabye I could get a purty white one

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

I'm one of the lucky ones i have a virgin 1.5 firmware PSP got it the day it came out in the U.S. March 24,2006 and the system dissapointed me a lot until i saw all the homebrew coming out on firmware 1.0 and then i decided I won't upgrade my firmware and I will see waht happens. Turns out the magic swap exploit was make then the Kexploit. And that was one of the greatest days in history for the PSP. Well good luck PSmonkey and sorry for that off topic post. By the way good work on the first build I really liked it. Also im looking foward to when we can see Mario64 boot on the PSP.

DCEmu Newbie

Default oh okay..

alright.. i was just suggesting this, because i remember certain emulators working better on 1.5 due to them being run in kernel mode.. regardless, keep up the good work, and i hope that this emulator is optimized soon, because i can't wait until the day i can play Zelda Ocarina of Time and GoldenEye on my PSP while on the go.

U Rock!

PSmonkey knows his $#@!.

-Ben

Quote Originally Posted by demologik
    alright.. i was just suggesting this, because i remember certain emulators working better on 1.5 due to them being run in kernel mode.. regardless, keep up the good work, and i hope that this emulator is optimized soon, because i can't wait until the day i can play Zelda Ocarina of Time and GoldenEye on my PSP while on the go.

U Rock!
    Ocarina of Time won't happen until he can find a workaround for the ROM file size limit =\

Trust me, I want it too, Zelda games are my favorite games of all time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information