Thread: before i do this...

Default before i do this...

before i dish out the $40 for a CycloDS card, i wanted to ask; if i hack my DS, will i still be able to play games off of a regular game cart? And i can put gba roms onto the memory stick and play them from there right?

You're not really hacking the DS by buying a CycloDS. It won't have any lasting effect on the DS, trust me.

GBA homebrew however cannot be run from slot-1 in any way, shape, or form. You MUST have a slot-2 device to run it. Most users get a slot-1 device like the CycloDS and a slot-2 expansion pack like the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack. This lets them keep their GBA files on their slot-1 microSD card use software on the DS to transfer a single file to the expansion pack and run it.

thanks for the info on gba roms, but it still need to know if a regular game cart can be played.

Yes, he already said it doesn't have any effect on the ds. So you can remove the CycloDS and put in a normal game cart. I'd however transfer my carts onto the flashcart tho - saves you having to carry all your games around. Also my personal advice is to get a DSTT - it's much cheaper ($5) and does the same job.

The DSTT has build quality issues, and it's very easy to get a fake one. You don't necessarily have to go for the CycloDS with its high price tag, but I would go with something other than the DSTT.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    The DSTT has build quality issues, and it's very easy to get a fake one. You don't necessarily have to go for the CycloDS with its high price tag, but I would go with something other than the DSTT.
    my acekard 2 works great

Thread Information