Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSP 2 Details ?

Blog Entries

Question PSP 2 Details ?

Heres some take it or leave it rumours:

<blockquote>That being said, here’s a bit of info that I chanced into the other day, from a rather well-placed source named Proteus. He CONFIRMED a few details that were already rumored around the Net.
    Seems Sony’s current internal plans call for a release of a refitted PSP around Christmas this year. The device will, indeed, be streamlined (thinner), lighter, boast 4 gigs of memory and a camera. Proteus indicated Sony is having a hell of a time with PlayStation 3 on several fronts (between PS3’s Cell processor and its built-in Blu-ray DVD, cost effectiveness has pretty much gone out the window). Seems the ever-phantasmic PS3 may well be delayed until next year, with Sony’s reworked PSP being positioned as a lead-in to its release (in the same way Nintendo’s release of the oh-so-sexy DS Lite heralds the coming of Revolution). </blockquote>

source

Here is a comperison for this is going to turn out.

PSP is to GBA, as PSP2 is to GameBoy_SP

It is going to be a new system that will play all the same games.
    And will proubly have a new fw.

Problem is the new games may not be supported on the old psp's

So the likly senerio will be the need for more umd loader to run psp2 games on PSP1_1.5 systems.

Becouse i dont see the new systems having any real improvments in hardwear
    we should have the ablity to play the same games

if you think its not going to play the games already out your on some good drugs sony isnt that dumb plus its the same hardware it will just have memory and a cam i know this is only a rumour but this is what i believe will happen the ps3 is march 2007 usa i doubt its nov 2006 there going to push the psp big this year

Quote Originally Posted by CoderX
    Here is a comperison for this is going to turn out.

PSP is to GBA, as PSP2 is to GameBoy_SP

It is going to be a new system that will play all the same games.
    And will proubly have a new fw.
    Absolutely not. The SP was just a different style of the same exact system with a backlight. The PSP2 apparently will have a lot more to it. Bad analogy.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pkmusicmaker
    Absolutely not. The SP was just a different style of the same exact system with a backlight. The PSP2 apparently will have a lot more to it. Bad analogy.
    The only thing that the PSP2 has better than the actiual is more memory and a camera, but that won't make games not compatible!

DCEmu Newbie

I really think sony might create a PSP-Slim (like what happened to PS2 and PS1), and that would mean: not so many new stuff added.
    Anyway... I rather see a Keyboard for PSP then a brand new PSP2

Quote Originally Posted by remansano
    I really think sony might create a PSP-Slim (like what happened to PS2 and PS1), and that would mean: not so many new stuff added.
    Anyway... I rather see a Keyboard for PSP then a brand new PSP2
    Where could you fit a keyboard?

it would plug into the dc power onteh top and then plug intot he usb port their too so u would have to upgrade to use it

DCEmu Regular

The extra RAM WOULD (I almost dare say WILL) make a difference in the games. Just as a small recent example (and I know commercial roms don't work yet but they may eventually), PSMonkey's N64 emulator can only handle a max ROM size of around 16megs. This is because of memory restrictions. There are N64 games that are over 40! not to mention that the 4meg ram expansion pack emulation might also be introduced which would more than likely bring the current available RAM available for a ROM roughly 12megs...

Now do you honestly think the game makers aren't going to exploit the extra memory available to them in the new PSP2? They can, so they will, and older PSP models will have to have a stripped down version of the game to run it

DCEmu Newbie

I will buy it just to have it; I do hope there will be homebrew available for it too. I have 3PSP's at the moment. One FW 2.0 still sealed, and 2 1.5's just to have around and play emulators. PSP is cool system and PSP2 will be even better if Homebrew will work eventually.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information