Thread: Halo 3 possibly back in PS3 launch frame, says analyst

Blog Entries

Default Halo 3 possibly back in PS3 launch frame, says analyst

With all the PS3 delay news flying around lately, it seems that a certain big sequel for the Xbox 360 may have creeped back onto the 2006 release window.

According to Next Generation, a "lead analyst" from Tokyo is claiming that "big-hitting titles" for the first-moving 360 could be targeted at the PS3 launch "just to sabotage it." He stated that the release of Halo 3 ("timed to PS3") would be "quite damaging for Sony" as well.

Well, a preemptive launch of Halo 3 would certainly serve as a distraction to Sony's next-gen launch plans, but people who really want a PS3 probably won't be deterred by Microsoft's premiere FPS appearing around the same time their favorite console does. Gears of War most likely won't stop PS3 fanboys, either. An unexpectedly early release (of either title) would certainly prove to be a perfect holiday present for 360 owners, however. Competition is grand.

Seems like the battle between Sony and Microsoft is kinda like the battle between Nintendo and Sega back in the day

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Shilo
    Seems like the battle between Sony and Microsoft is kinda like the battle between Nintendo and Sega back in the day
    the differance between nintendo and segas war.. is that they didnt just release 1 or 2 good games.. they released hoards

I doubt halo 3 will make it in time... bungie hasnt given any real info on the development of the new title.

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    the differance between nintendo and segas war.. is that they didnt just release 1 or 2 good games.. they released hoards

I doubt halo 3 will make it in time... bungie hasnt given any real info on the development of the new title.
    they never do. . . .

and actually if u read game informer lately they did an article on halo 3, though most think its an april fools joke. there weren't any screenies but they talked to a guy from bungie (supposedly)

when i first heard that microsoft was releasing halo 3 when ps3 was coming out here was and still is my first thought

if you can afford 400 dollars for a ps3 then an additional 60 dollars on halo3 wont effect you much

i still think the Halo series is gonna be true to xbox.

Thread Information