Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSOne Emulator for PSP – Massive Back Catalogue Looms

DCEmu Newbie

... they would be "ROMs" because of the extensive reencoding to cut size, this is probably more for games like parappa the rappa than any ff game.

they wouldnt charge $30 for them, maybe 10-15 pending on the game size and quality

however long it take for this to happen, id gladly upgrade my 1.0 for this

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Datre32
    id gladly upgrade my 1.0 for this
    Ditto... this is probably the first thing that has made me even consider updating from 1.0

Also im very sure the final fantasy 7 rom is less than 2 gb. I think it is smaller than a UMD.
    The third disk is pretty empty + the rom could be hacked to remove movies and stuff if necessary anyway.

DCEmu Rookie

where is pacmanfan...he kinda said he had plans then VANISHED off the face of the planet.

everyone knows about this... sony confirmed it too...

You guys are freaking out over nothing....

And about the FFVII being 2GB... The playstation one only took 700Mb cd's... so you would get like 4 ISO's... 4 different ISO's on your psp's one at a time... from what i know

I'm not majorly concerned about the first party games. I'm concerned about 3rd parties, more to the point: Square Enix, Konami, Atlus, etc...

DCEmu Regular

for the love of god, those of you who own 1.00 psps, Please Don't Update! If you want the new features, sell your 1.00s on ebay and use the revenue to buy someone else's 2.60 to update. 1.00 psps are becoming increasingly rare; thus they will become more and more sought-after as time passes. Don't throw away such a rare firmware in exchange for the newest thing Sony throws at you.

More on topic: Assuming that Sony puts any minor effort into converting these games over to psp, games such as FFVII will actually have smaller file sizes. On the PS1, multiple-disk games often had a lot of duplicate data on each disk. That way, players wouldn't need to constantly swap disks back-and-forth as they traversed the world. I imagine that when sony ports such games, they will combine the game data into one continuous file, and eliminate a lot of excess duplicate data. The final result will be the same games taking up much less space than they did on the ps1.

I don't know why people aren't concerned about this, maybe just blinded by the fact that they will be able to play PS1 games on the PSP, but there is one slightly large issue and that that the PSP is missing 2 buttons and one analog stick...

OK, so the analog stick isn't such a big deal as the dual sticks came in late into the PS1's life cycle and not too many games actually supported both, but the missing R2 and L2 buttons could cause serious problems with many games. Sure you can get away with it on some games, but others will be pretty unplayable. I don't want to see some form of double button press in order to get an R2 or L2... Then there is L3 and R3, but they weren't really ever used anyway.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by iniquitous_beast
    for the love of god, those of you who own 1.00 psps, Please Don't Update! If you want the new features, sell your 1.00s on ebay and use the revenue to buy someone else's 2.60 to update.
    Damn, thats a great idea!
    I doubt i would update anyhow. FF7 on a psp would be worth spending couple hundred quid for a second psp!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information