Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a development machine of DC?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Selling Dreamcast Dev Box + Cables + Games

I picked up a Dreamcast Dev Kit a few months ago. It's missing it's cover, harddrive & the external GDrom writer.

Been hoping to get something i could use to make a bootable harddrive for the unit.

Anyone have any ideas? Or even better, anyone have copies of the dev kit disks?

Since the dc can boot linux, I figured at the very least i could probably use that linux to get the dev kit working as a computer or something.

anyone have any ideas or software that would work?

I might even be willing to sell the unit.

What set revision is it (The first 3 numbers of the serial number located on the bottom of the unit)?

These dev units usually come separately from an HKT-04 Katana GD-Writer. Requirements for the development box are an installed Adaptec SCSI controller (1542, 1742, 2940, 2940U, 2940UW, or 3940), with an external SCSI connector, two 50-pin SCSI terminators on the SCSI-B & GD-Writer ports, VGA or RCA cables for connection to a television screen, and Sega Dreamcast Controllers. To get anything to boot off the hard drive, you'll need the Katana Development Software installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information