Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hackmii News - BootMii beta 2 - HackMii Installer v0.2

Blog Entries

Rev Hackmii News - BootMii beta 2 - HackMii Installer v0.2

The hackmii team are at it again with a new release of Bootmii, heres the release news:

Two weeks after beta 1 we bring you the first bugfix release: beta 2. Next to the usual metric ton of minor fixes and cleanups, here are the changes worth mentioning:

BootMii beta 2 (v0.9):

SD card performance has been improved, decreasing the boot and the NAND backup / restore time
    backupmii accepts fragmented SD cards now, reformatting is not performed anymore. Old NAND dumps are still compatible.
    Introduced the INI variable “BOOTDELAY” to set the timeout for the auto boot feature
    The Homebrew Channel v1.0.3:

SDHC cards are working again
    SD performance has been increased again (regression was introduced in v1.0.2)
    HBC works on all system menu versions now
    Fixed rare hangs when exiting HBC
    DVDX:

Switched back to IOS < 37. While the SDHC problem for apps using DVDX has been fixed in libogc, there were also problems with USB keyboards under higher IOS versions
    Installer v0.2:

Installer now works on newer Wiis with boot2v4
    Fixed reading of boot1/2 on Wiis with bad ECC data in that area
    BootMii as boot2 and IOS can now be uninstalled
    Grab the new installer here. Don’t forget to read the README before running the installer.

Please link to this post instead of mirroring the binary, thanks.

Enjoy.

Download Here

I see no mention of controller issues...

...I can't interface with it either through the power button or my remote (official) GC Contoller :/

Will test anyhow, maybe they just didn't mention it.

Let us know how you get on. I am itching to try this and want to hear how others have got on.

OK, this version WILL let me navigate the menu via the buttons on the front of the Wii.

As for my remote GC Controller (made by Nintendo themselves, not 3rd party), it still will not work. Though once after rebooting from a game of Star Wars Bounty Hunter, it worked for a moment, but stopped working after rebooting again.

Now, here's the pickle.

I downgraded my system, then updated it to the latest firmware and all that jazz...

...BootMii beta 2 worked for me as Boot2.

I did the same process to my friend's Wii.

It will load from the EXIT menu in HomeBrew Launcher, but will not boot on a power up (and yes the SD card is in with the propper BOOTMII software).

I dunno what's up with that, but then again it is beta.

As for the concept of bootmii (comfortable controls or not), it has an easy menu, and it "should" prevent me from every bricking my Wii again. I am happy, though my friend is not obviously because he does not have BootMii's insurance for what ever reason.

Keep up the great work guys, can't wait to see what a non beta will be like, and I'm curious to see how this expands.

Thanks for that. I think I shall hold off for a little while before doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
    As for my remote GC Controller (made by Nintendo themselves, not 3rd party), it still will not work.
    Have you tried turning the wavebird on before turning the Wii on?

Tried, bit it did not help.

Oh, I read somewhere that there is a thing called Boot1. In some Wii's it is different than others which prevents bootmii from taking over Boot2 or what ever. That might be the case here as far as it not starting on my friend's wii at boot time.

what exactly does this do?

I have installed BootMii now and it all went fine and I can tell you what this does.

It installs a small bit of code into your Wii that runs when the Wii is switched on, before the Wii 'Press A' screen. It also installs a small application to the SD card you have inserted in your Wii.

It is best to have a completely new, freshly formatted SD card of at least 1 GB in size. The application installed to this card lets you do various things, but the main things it lets you do is backup your Wii NAND to your SD card, or recover your backup to your Wii.

So basically you install BootMii, make a backup of your Wii system on the SD card and then if your system is evry bricked in the future it can be repaired using this card.

If you do not have the backup card inserted into your Wii, the machine just boots as normal, but if you have the backup card in the machine it will go to the BootMii app which allows you to repair you Wii.

You can also use BootMii to change your standard boot up procedure so that it launches the Homebrew Channel when turned on instead of going to the Wii menu system.

DCEmu Newbie

how can i do this

hi guys, mine wii just bricked after i put a new game and it did the update, will this bootMii help me get back in the wii and how do i recover from there?
    i havent done any backup of the wii's nand, will it has a backup itself like i can restore it to before it updated?
    cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information