Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revolution to be Homebrew Fans Dream Console

Blog Entries

Default Revolution to be Homebrew Fans Dream Console

Im sure those of you who follow news about all consoles will have heard that the Nintendo Revolution is to have emulators for N64, Snes, Nes, Gameboy (GBA?) and yesterday we find out that Sega Genesis and PC Engine are to be on the system too.

Now you will have to pay for the roms but its all perfectly legal, will the Revolution be the system of choice for Homebrewers ?

Id like to hear opinions about this as many of you are newcomers to the Homebrew scene ?

DCEmu Newbie

Not going on that piece of news alone.

Emulation != homebrew.

It may, on the other hand become the Retro Fan's system of choice.

DCEmu Rookie

wtf! if thats true with the pc engine, ill buy that thing immediately :P

I wonder to what extent PCEngine will be supported because if I could buy Castlevania Rondo of Blood on the Revolution that would be the single best selling point for me
    Though of course its probably just a far fetched dream that I could actually "buy" it given I doubt it would be offered in the States version of the network the Revolution will be on but you never know.

It will only be a homebrew dream if Nintendo allows homebrew software to run without hacking through layers of security (and a cheap SDK would be nice).

While I love to play old games on my PSP, playing Genesis games on my 65" HDTV leaves something to be desired.

If the rumor of a $100 personal dev kit for XBOX 360 is true that will make the XBOX 360 a true homebrew dream... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

DCEmu Newbie

wot does all this mean ? whats the effect of this?

not if we have to pay for (age old system) roms i mean gba maybe thats still taking out the pocket of people STILL WORKING AND PROFITING GAMES OR GAMES STILL ON THE SHELF..GBA IS THE ONLY IN THAT LIST..
    further more the psp does all this for free with wi-fi and more.. (soon M64 thanks to gba i mean psmonkey..lol..inside joke ..) id like to know what psmonkey thinks about it he's on the so called other end ..

wel,, as much as i love emulation, i think its only fair that "they" ( nintendo, ps1, sega etc. ) gets a chance to proit off of thier work again, as long as its reasonable ( i.e VERY cheap, im talking i-tunes cheap, a buck or 2 a game) im not paying $20 to play say, FF7, on my psp. it would bebetter if we can use our own roms from our ps1 games and carts, but obviously that leads the way to loading any illegal roms too. tough call. good if cheap. CHEAP cheap. remeber the add on for GBA that let you use trading cards to load oldskool games on the gba. it died because they wanted around $6 per game. i think thats too much.

and yes i realize that this is about the new nintendo, but they were talking about the same thing for psp... i doubt ill buy any console systems again. i love my psp/pc situation just fine. ( a ps2 emulator would be nice tho...)

1. consumers too young to remember these games will either classify them as old garbage ~OR~ never have heard of them and not be interested.

2. consumers old ENOUGH to remember these games/systems SHOULD be old enough to be able to hook these games up for free on whatever homebrew saavy system of thier choice.

3. this is clearly nintendos method of cashing in on the millions of dollars they have considered a loss ever since they heard the word Nester J.

screw em, I got me a PSP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information