Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Sony's PSPgo just what you needed, or an overpriced rehash?

As with the DSi, I will not be buying this unnecessary and undesired extension of an already existing product.

If they REALLY want my money, let's see some actual improvements, not uglier-than-predecessor consoles packed with gimmicks and lacking in basic functionality which is available in earlier models.

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    For those who claim SOny will be be the next SEGA, think again. SEGA died because they were plain stupid and they deserved to...

on that read E3 Sony analysis here: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=23897

On the PSP Go! subject:

Stop crying and moaning for dual analogs and touchscreens, you'll never get it. Touchscreens are nothing but eye-candy and dual analogs are unessesary on a casual gaming console... so yeah...
    it is over-priced though... but we'll see if Sony does something about the games we already own
    No one is crying or moaning please don't exaggerate.
    That is a good article. A good read thank you.

I like this quoted from the end:

The Announcement Sony Needed To Make -- And Didn't
    "There was no price cut for any of Sony's platforms announced at the briefing, as just about everyone had hoped there'd be.
    Many eyebrows lifted at the PSP Go!'s $249 price point
    -- the company is making such a strong push to broaden the handheld's userbase, yet tags it so high?"

no need to thank...

i might have exaggerated but it just pisses me off to see people just complaining and complaining (...) the 3000 will still be on the market so there's no harm done.

@your post about specs:

I saw AVI in there... so that means they'll finally start supporting it?

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    no need to thank...

i might have exaggerated but it just pisses me off to see people just complaining and complaining (...) the 3000 will still be on the market so there's no harm done.

@your post about specs:

I saw AVI in there... so that means they'll finally start supporting it?
    I really hope AVI is in and done well.
    I am sure they will improve it.
    How much though probably depends on how good the PSP-Go does.
    There are so many avi codecs and flavors of encoding.
    However, I was shocked to see DivX3.11a support on the PS3.

What I want to know about the PSP-GO.
    1. Did sony fix the hardwired interlaced screen problem that the PSP3000 has?
    2. Can I run Skype on it through my blu-tooth headset?
    3. What is the battery life?
    4. I have minor concerns about possible DRM problems.

Obviously I want to use the PSP-Go as a blu-tooth Skype phone with decent battery life.

touch screen and/or dual thumbstix are a must, especially with the full keyboard and first person shooters

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Auriman1 View Post
    As with the DSi, I will not be buying this unnecessary and undesired extension of an already existing product.

If they REALLY want my money, let's see some actual improvements, not uglier-than-predecessor consoles packed with gimmicks and lacking in basic functionality which is available in earlier models.
    At least the DSI had a bigger screen, not a smaller one like the psp go. And it also has a downloadable store added. Not much has came out on the store worth buying yet. But it could become a lot better.

As for the PSP... The new one adds bluetooth. We should all shout for joy (sarcastically). Then it adds 16GB of memory. Good but not great as we can buy a memory stick pro duo with 16GB for 120$ish.

So if you don't have a PSP already buy a psp 2000 with custom formware ability (if you can find a new one it would be like 170$ or 130ish used), then buy a 16GB Memory stick pro duo for $119.99 from sony. With custom firmware you can run all your games from the memory stick anyway. If you get a used one in awesome condition then for about 250$ (+ any costs incurred getting Custom Firmware on it) you can have a ultimate homebrew playing PSP with real Game storage on memory stick and have the ability to convert your old PSOne game and run them on the PSP as well.

WoW! It can play AVI? what a surprise.

It is a good thing that they accepted that UMDs sucks. But I would expect anything alse than digital games. I ****ING HATE DIGITAL-ONLY GAMES!

DCEmu Newbie

epic waste of time...
    PSP2 plz

I would have been on my to-buy list, if it had simple touchscreen (for web browsing and music/video control, not for gaming). As is right now, it looks like the screen has to be up all the time to do anything, which sort of defeats the purpose of the slide-out.

I've been looking for a multifunctioning portable for a while, but the Go seems more $#@!bersome than the other PSP models. At this point I'm interested in buying another Sony portable, the X-1000 Walkman.. which-- surprise-- has a touchscreen.
    Last edited by Paris/Tokyo; June 3rd, 2009 at 08:32.

looks s**t,not getting one :]

Pandora here i come

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information