Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Sony's PSPgo just what you needed, or an overpriced rehash?

Quote Originally Posted by osgeld View Post
    ...this generation sony IS the HD SEGA
    Unlike Sony however, there were really good games on the sega systems.
    Spoiler!

In all seriousness though, you would think that the psp go would be cheaper than the psp 3000, considering that it doesn't have a umd drive, a smaller screen and whatnot. It will be interesting if sony is really going to jump into digital distribution with both feet or if this is going to fail miserably.

MicroNut, thank you for providing the specs.

kyyubidx, I would have to disagree with you about the the touchscreen, specially on the PSP. Having a touchscreen keyboard in place of the "Phone dial" we have would be a much needed improvement. As for the dual analog, well it would have been a nice extra, but not a necessity.

Sony, pissing off existing customers by releasing a system update that is not in any way, shape or form backwards compatible with the system is updating is a big mistake will come back to haunt you. Adding 16GB of storage, but removing UMD, shrinking the screen and adding a $250 price tag does not help your cause. Yes many new firmware features have been added, but not enough to add value to this system.

Someone earlier said that this new iteration will be the end of homebrew on the PSP is sadly mistaken. The firmware has not really changed (not that drastically), and as long as you have people out there who consider this hardware update a challenge from Sony, the harder they will try to meet that challenge.

Well, I'll end this rant by saying this:
    I'm happy with my PSP2000 Model (CF 5.02 GEN-A), and I will not buy this new PSP.

Now for a 3 megapixel camera, and a touchscreen with some basic apps (paint program), then I might think about buying this system (never going to happen).

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009...n-impressions/

for those curious to know about the PSPgo

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    For those who claim SOny will be be the next SEGA, think again. SEGA died because they were plain stupid and they deserved to...
    i fail to see the difference, when sega shot them selfs in the foot ...

had 5 systems on the market, sony will now have 4

borked compatibility tween the systems, sony is now doing this with GO!

had a overpriced, more difficult to program white elephant flagship, while the PS3 is no saturn, its in a similar predicament

and created alot of confusion in the market, some ps3 titles get bonus crap IF they have a model Y, model X owners are out of luck, Since when did you have to start reading system requirements for a dumb console game?

Same thing with the GO, and my first statement PSP software sitting in the store RIGHT NEXT to the GO! will not work on the GO! try explaining to an average parent that psp software doesnt work on a psp

i fail to see the difference, when sega shot them selfs in the foot ...

had 5 systems on the market, sony will now have 4
    I fail to see your point... While bad business decisions had their weight, the only reason SEGA died is because they dropped the DC in favor of the PS2.

borked compatibility tween the systems, sony is now doing this with GO!

had a overpriced, more difficult to program white elephant flagship, while the PS3 is no saturn, its in a similar predicament
    AFAIK the year is still not over and the TGS is the next big show, considering Sony's main focus is re-taking over Japan, a price drop seems more logical at TGS09. Think about it for a while. Sony isn't THAT stupid, and while their E3 09 presentation was impressive, there is still much to be done.

and created alot of confusion in the market, some ps3 titles get bonus crap IF they have a model Y, model X owners are out of luck, Since when did you have to start reading system requirements for a dumb console game?
    The PS3 was botched in the beginning but it seems to be getting back on track... Will you give time to things? Or do you expect bad business decisions to be fixed over a short time span? Obviously you need to re-think your position... Plus I doubt the problem is THAT bad...

Same thing with the GO, and my first statement PSP software sitting in the store RIGHT NEXT to the GO! will not work on the GO! try explaining to an average parent that psp software doesnt work on a psp
    Wrong. The 3000 will still be sold so what's the big deal anyway? You just sound like your ranting for the fun of it. The Go! is just a second choice when it comes to which psp you want: the Go! or the 3000, that simple. Plus, I highly doubt Sony will leave the cries for compability with already bought games unanswered.

£200 the price tag might be? More expensive than when the Value Pack orginally came out (£180) but less than the Giga Pack (£235). In any case, I'm not getting the PSP Go for I'm lacking in spare cash these days anyway.

Waste of time. I'll stick with my Slim

I don't quite like it yet, as I need to feel it in my hands to make a valid opinion.

But so far I think is too big for what I think they intended, still it is a smaller fully functional PSP wich is great

I don't like using M2 cards, they should just drop that stupid format, in fact I think I saw an anouncement somewhere, so why does this thing continues using it?

If DAX gets homebrew working on it I might get one

Confirmed price for the PSPgo in the UK: 179.99£

let the rest of the world be robbed blind -.-

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    I fail to see your point... While bad business decisions had their weight, the only reason SEGA died is because they dropped the DC in favor of the PS2.
    no the DC got devastated by the lack of 3rd party support due to the poor decisions in their previous generation

AFAIK the year is still not over and the TGS is the next big show, considering Sony's main focus is re-taking over Japan, a price drop seems more logical at TGS09. Think about it for a while. Sony isn't THAT stupid, and while their E3 09 presentation was impressive, there is still much to be done.
    This generation should be just about over, little late isnt it?

The PS3 was botched in the beginning but it seems to be getting back on track... Will you give time to things? Or do you expect bad business decisions to be fixed over a short time span? Obviously you need to re-think your position... Plus I doubt the problem is THAT bad...
    short time span? hardware typically lasts only 5-6 years, were in year 4, so yea i guess the need to finally get their asses in gear

Wrong. The 3000 will still be sold so what's the big deal anyway? You just sound like your ranting for the fun of it. The Go! is just a second choice when it comes to which psp you want: the Go! or the 3000, that simple. Plus, I highly doubt Sony will leave the cries for compability with already bought games unanswered.
    Yes now you have 2 systems on the market that are incompatible to eachother, WITH the same name on the front, thats just brilliant,

not only does it create competition with themselves, all the while getting handed by MS and NIN, it creates confusion

and yea i might be going out of my way to argue the point, but your responding and frankly soundling like a "sony can do no wrong" fanboi

and finally i have no doubts they will solve the media format crisis, they will just make you buy the same game twice, they already do it now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information