Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: C64 Emulator - FrodoDS

Quote Originally Posted by Zampa
    I can't get FrodoDS to work on my DSlite using a Passcard 3 / G6 Lite.

All i get is the NEOFlash splash on top, and black screen on bottom with "unable to initalize media device!/rd/ ROM directory not found!"

I have 7 .d64 files in a folder called rd on the root. The FrodoDS.nds file is in a folder called NDS.

I tried using the FrodoDS_fs.nds approach, but when running that I just got a white screen on top and bottom. When running the createromdisk.bat it wasn't able to find a .gba file. See below output:

Any ideas?
    the error about the missing gba file shouldnt matter, unless thats the version you need to use with the g6?

if so you need it to run therer is a utility called dsbuild that is run against the nds files to create the .ds.gba file. then you would rerun the batch file.

Not sure if the g6 supports appended filesystems like gbfs, romfs etc. but it could be that some step along the way is failing when you run the batch file?

Unforutenly there isnt a fatlib version that i know of that works with the g6 yet, I'v read about some kind of binary library/header file that was released but not sure if it works and would be better off for a source release.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GPF

Unforutenly there isnt a fatlib version that i know of that works with the g6 yet, I'v read about some kind of binary library/header file that was released but not sure if it works and would be better off for a source release.

Troy(GPF)
    Try this one:

http://www.dualscene.net/downloads/G6_M3_fatlib.rar

I'm not sure how to include it and recompile - but it says it includes G6 lite support.

Quote Originally Posted by Zampa
    Try this one:

http://www.dualscene.net/downloads/G6_M3_fatlib.rar

I'm not sure how to include it and recompile - but it says it includes G6 lite support.
    Yeah, thats what I was talking about and as far as I know no one has figured out how to use it yet.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

Hi... Can you add on this "WONDER" emu , on switch AUDIO emulation on/off ?
    because SURE without SOund emulation , every game run near 100%...

that's a nice ADD also if you take the OLD release...

please...

Just wondering, has there been an update or anything recently? If the project is still going, I would like to suggest the following -
    scale the screen with square pixels, or perhaps let the user set the scaling, allowing for unscaled mode (with clipped edges)
    Also enable switching the sound emu on and off to speed up most/all games.

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jimiz View Post
    Hi... Can you add on this "WONDER" emu , on switch AUDIO emulation on/off ?
    because SURE without SOund emulation , every game run near 100%...

that's a nice ADD also if you take the OLD release...

please...

Nothing...was only a think...but also Without sound the emulator is too much slow... al the platform games are really unplayable.
    Need really something to speed up .

I wish another guy with good experience of Emulators/code/nds can help you for make a good emulator , before also this prj. can be dead on the sleeping time...(exp. Marcads...)

I think GPF can handle this. The emu is slow, so what ? It works, some games are playable ! It is already amazing to be able to play Commando or , my all time favourites.

DCEmu Newbie

sorry...but i' not have interesting of your think...
    because my is only a test and not a critic!
    this emulator for now is unplayable. you can say what you whant, but every game is unplayable.
    to much frames dropped.
    He need something in the code for work more fast.
    That's true.
    And remember GPF have made a GREAT work...nobody can say not... but is also incredible the NDS is the ONLY new (expensive) miniconsole...with not emulators...(can say thanks to the GBA devs.!!!! if run something...)
    so...one c64...8bit... can run really well on the ds!
    belive!
    this is only a wish , can be GPF or another the author , or nobody... but sure the emualtion-scene on the DS is really ORRIBLE!!!! (look marca ds... every emulator born...is dead two weeks later...)

PS...my favorite games on c64 are little better... test..GHOST'GOBLIN... TRY and see.....

DCEmu Newbie

Hm... well I just stumbled upon this project, and I was excited, but I cant get it working. I have a M3, I threw the nds file on there, and it didnt work. I added a rd folder, nothing, added prgs, nothing, added d64s, nothing, made the romfs image and tried that, nothing, ran dsbuild, then used that version and its romfs versions (which takes 5-10 minutes to load, no joke), and still nothing. On none of these occasions has it been able to find the rd folder or image. What am I doing wrong here?

You have to DL the newest version, i think its 300507, patch it with DLDI M3, then put that on your card. easy really

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information