Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS Update 2006-03-28

Default Me Again ....

Sorry excuse my limited knowledge of all this, but I downloaded all the genrom stuff and the r4tf.dldi and dropped them all in one directory along with /rd. used createromdisk and transferred frodods.nds to dslite. Went to start Frodo and error message 'not found fs_romdisk: mounting image at 0x0 at /rd' now I'm total stuck at getting this working. Please anybody help a frustrated C64 wannabe...hey I will even donate if I can get this working.

Unhappy Hi - Update

Hello, got an update. downloaded new version of frodods and now get the blue screen even through the screen display is massive. The emulator still complains of missing roms BASIC_rom e.t.c which I first dropped into createrom to no avail. then tried creating the /rd directory on root of r4 card and placed the rom files into it - still no avail. running out of ideas...can anybody help please....

Quote Originally Posted by sm4rterguy View Post
    Hello, got an update. downloaded new version of frodods and now get the blue screen even through the screen display is massive. The emulator still complains of missing roms BASIC_rom e.t.c which I first dropped into createrom to no avail. then tried creating the /rd directory on root of r4 card and placed the rom files into it - still no avail. running out of ideas...can anybody help please....

download my latest test version - http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...142#post352142

unzip the nds file.
    create an /rd folder on the root of your card and copy your .d64 disk images to that folder

download dldi patcher tool - http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI....html#patchers
    and the appropriate patch
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/index.html#patches

from commandline run
    dlditool.exe r4tf.dldi FrodoDS.nds

then copy the patched FrodoDS.nds file to your card.

run it, give me additional feedback

Troy(GPF)

Default Finally it works!!

Thanks alot, finally got it working! Your a star. The emulator is excellent!. I'm going to donate.

Thanks, Gary Shaw

Default Its Darn good - but.....feedback

Hi Troy, hope you got my donation worth every penny! Was playing Last Ninja 1,2,3 they all loaded up fine, but only LN3 worked with Nintendo pad (I dont know why LN1,2 did'nt work). Music is a tad off - speed was fine. Uriduim works well. Left hand shoulder button screws up the display wheras the right loads the first disk fine. I will keep checking for new versions - if you can sort the music I will happy donate again. Cheers Gary

Quote Originally Posted by sm4rterguy View Post
    Hi Troy, hope you got my donation worth every penny! Was playing Last Ninja 1,2,3 they all loaded up fine, but only LN3 worked with Nintendo pad (I dont know why LN1,2 did'nt work). Music is a tad off - speed was fine. Uriduim works well. Left hand shoulder button screws up the display wheras the right loads the first disk fine. I will keep checking for new versions - if you can sort the music I will happy donate again. Cheers Gary

Yes thanks for the donation.

did you try pressing the select button to switch the joystick between ports? I haven't tried any of the Last Ninja's yet so not sure if its an ds issue or if they don't work in the pc version either?

Not sure why the display gets messed up works fine on my hardware so I guess I'll have to debug that

I definetly plan on figuring out why the music is distorted, if I can stop play c64 games long enough

Troy(GPF)

Thumbs up Hello Again

Yes sorry, I realised I wasn't swapping the ports for joystick..and I now can use Last Ninja fully..shame about the music though, its like its not forming the 'Noise' waveform correctly (the C64 sid chip had four waveforms I think). The other waveforms are spot on. I think the 'Noise' waveform is the most complex.

Also, the corrupt screen from left hand shoulder button, seems to work fine now and pull up the file directory...maybe another problem with the user lol!.

I hope you dont stop working on this ... its got massive potential and if its donations you want then I don't mind helping out.

Gaz

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation

Please help me!

I've downloaded all 3 versions from the first post and I cannot load a disk. If I start the NDS-File with my M3 Perfect Lite on my 2GB MikroSD Card (normal formattet with FAT32 under XP), it doesn't find any disk in the "rd" directory although I've copied D64 files inside. I even try a romdisk.img file which I've converted before. The GBA version completely don't work in GBA mode.

If I'm trying to copy the "injected" NDS File with the romdisk inside, my DS crashes completely in DS mode after showing the title screen above.

Can anyone tell me what exactly I should download and what I must do then?

A step by step instruction would be very nice for someone which can't handle with complicated patches and programming.

Thank you!

DCEmu Pro

I think the romdisk.img is used for the Mac emulator, this is a Commodore 64 emulator.

Download this version
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/att...3&d=1173082251

extract it to the root of your card, although FrodoDS.nds can be anywhere.Patch frodods with the DLDI patcher and patch.
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
    Find some c64 roms that end in .D64(easily done with google), put them in the folder named rd. Start up DS and FrodoDS, navigate to the rd folder choose the rom. I'm afraid with this version you need to initially choose the game twice so hit L trigger and chose the same rom again. Hit the right trigger to load first program on the D64 disk.
    You may want to tweak the file named Frodo.fpr, Open it with notepad and change SkipFrames = 2 to SkipFrames = 3 or maybe even 3.5

You will also want to read up on the c64 perhaps, there is a great place to find manuals here
    http://project64.c64.org/textonly.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information