Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help w/ DC & Homebrew Stuff

Question Help w/ DC & Homebrew Stuff

My Dreamcast has the following stuff on the label on the bottom:
    • Right over the Made in China is the letters WK
    • A 2 encased in a circle next to the [NTSC][U] thing.
    • At the top, the little code next to the (logo)Dreamcast thing is "HKT-3020"
    • Manufactured December 2000

Can I run CDRs? If not any brand, then which ones? If not any, then how do I? Plz help me.

Well you could just try burning a selfbooting image, a 50 cent cdr isn't a lost if it gets wasted. A 50 cent rapper either but that's a whole different story :P

Sorry to hear you have a Dec 2000 model. You'll need a older model to play CD-Rs.

http://consolevision.com/cms.php?opt...d=24&Itemid=52

Quote Originally Posted by Cid Highwind
    Well you could just try burning a selfbooting image, a 50 cent cdr isn't a lost if it gets wasted. A 50 cent rapper either but that's a whole different story :P
    I've tried it w/ Memorex CD-R's. Does brand really matter? Is there another trick to this?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

yeah some cheap brands don't work, but whats really the problem (as fackue said) is that is one of the few dreamcasts that does not support Cdrs.... so there is nothing you can do, except get a new dc.

DCEmu Newbie

I have that model and it will not work no matter what you do, short of a hardware hack of replacing the bios that locks out cdr's.

http://www.dcemulation.com/article-supported.htm

I've posted this model on their forum and had a discussion, but the powers that be still refuse to update the above page to clarify model numbers for new commers to the scene. OH WELL!

Try to get a 1999 model or older then it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by 72da9
    I have that model and it will not work no matter what you do, short of a hardware hack of replacing the bios that locks out cdr's.

http://www.dcemulation.com/article-supported.htm

I've posted this model on their forum and had a discussion, but the powers that be still refuse to update the above page to clarify model numbers for new commers to the scene. OH WELL!

Try to get a 1999 model or older then it will work.
    Not to seem snotty, rude, or an asshole, but I can't just rush out and buy an older model DC. Finding the one that I do have was luck. I bought it a couple years ago preowned on ebgames.com back when they accepted money orders, and it only cost $20. I may have money, but buying another DC is something I'll do when the one I do have no longer works. Now, is there a way to mod it without too much potential for n00b mistakes.

Now, is there a way to mod it without too much potential for n00b mistakes.
    No.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

there is nothing you can do to get it to read CDr, sega removed mil-cd support for the last few dc's the made.

I've got a November 2000 one that loads all my CD-R's fine. Did they change it for the December ones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information