Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The adventures of triangles.... IN SPACE !!!

PSP Coder

Default The adventures of triangles.... IN SPACE !!!

* See screenshot *

* See 2nd post for info *

*pssst, the flag is in 3d

PSP Coder

So what was the point in that first post?
    Well it is quite simple. I NOW FINALY (took long enough) have 3d somewhat working on the emulator. Automobile lambergini is now showing 3d elements. This lovely flag is all done in 3d (the two squares behind it are 2d logo & press start text). Yes textures are off and the flag looks funny but that is due to bugs in the 3d (need to add more to the rdp to clear the psp's z-buffer).

Once I can clean up more code and fix a few things, I will post some more screenshots. Hopefuly with a good push over the weekend I will have a brand new build up early next week. So lets all enjoy and wait for more screenshots to flow in over the weekend till we all get to play this next week.

Wow! GREAT job PSmonkey! Thanks for the update!

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, PSMonkey

Can I just say I have signed up for this forum, purely to say well done for making such amazing progress with this emulator. Working on my final year Computer Science project at the moment makes me realise how determined and motivated you have to be when tackling such a large project. I am wishing you the best of luck with this and look forward to hearing more of your progress!

Heheh, triangles look good in space

Wow, that's very nice progress, good job! ^_^

But I was just wondering, since you'e getting far along into it now, I'd imagine you'll want to start using the ME soon, so how long do you think 2.01+ will be supported? I hope at least you can hold out long enough until Mario 64 runs at a decent framerate on 2.6, that's the firmware I have T_T

But even if we never do get to see 64 running on our higher firmware PSP's, I will still admire you and what you have done. Anyone who can get this going is pretty damn cool, even if only on one or two firmwares. Hell, if this gets to playable framerate with full textures, I just might look into trading my 2.6 for someone's 2.0 at school, no one there with a PSP knows what homebrew is anyway =P

it looks promising. how long do you think it will take before mario64 is running at 30fps?

DCEmu Rookie

lol, it seems the same effect that high rendering Maya viewport fo with my X850 pro, lol, the same really...

Correct me if im wrong, there are two meshes, and the backface is not off...?

Awsome.

DCEmu Rookie

Good job btw, i really dont care about the flicks at the moment because you are really getting 3D to work, and the core is the cause!

What is causing this problem? flickering faces? Normals? wrong buffers? texture?
    Tell me more

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information