Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monkey 64 (Nintendo 64 Emulator WIP Update)

Blog Entries

Cool Monkey 64 (Nintendo 64 Emulator WIP Update)

PSMonkey has posted news of an update of his work on the Nintendo 64 emulator for the PSP:

I NOW FINALY (took long enough) have 3d somewhat working on the emulator. Automobile lambergini is now showing 3d elements. This lovely flag is all done in 3d (the two squares behind it are 2d logo & press start text). Yes textures are off and the flag looks funny but that is due to bugs in the 3d (need to add more to the rdp to clear the psp's z-buffer).

Once I can clean up more code and fix a few things, I will post some more screenshots. Hopefuly with a good push over the weekend I will have a brand new build up early next week. So lets all enjoy and wait for more screenshots to flow in over the weekend till we all get to play this next week

Sounds excellent, check out the full info here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21618 or the official site here --> http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk

DCEmu Newbie

why not release source code and get some help it seems that its a very hard task for one person to handle at this rate it seems like its gonna be a LONG time before anything is PLAYABLE

Mortal Kombat Trilogies is "somewhat playalbe"
    I think PSmonkey can handle it

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by knman00
    why not release source code and get some help it seems that its a very hard task for one person to handle at this rate it seems like its gonna be a LONG time before anything is PLAYABLE
    good things gome to those who wait....

smythe

This guy just needs to give it up, hes full of $#@! there is no 64 emulator he really has no screenshots nor any exe to download though he keeps going off on this crap, Im certainly not convinced that this exists nor do i think it really could be done, Someone needs to start closing these pointless posts they just give everyone false hope.

You are thinking of Donkey64. Monkey64 is very real and i'm impressed with it so far.

The n64 controller has a lot more buttons than the psp. I don't see how playing any n64 games on the psp would be possible.

DCEmu Regular

abstract, what are you talking about?
    monkey64 has released screenshots... but thankfully he didnt release an exe or we wouldnt be able to download and play this emulator which is in eboot format.

Quote Originally Posted by shrimpidy
    The n64 controller has a lot more buttons than the psp. I don't see how playing any n64 games on the psp would be possible.
    your right. I dont see how all n64 games would be playable... but certainly some would .

Also combining buttons is a possibility (though it sounds weird). For instance "L" + Triangle could become "Z".. Also as few n64 games used the digital pad, thoes could become the "c" buttons. Anyway I think we have some time before anyone needs to think about the button layout

DCEmu Newbie

Default cool

cool ive been waiting ages for a nj4 emu i hope it will play super mario 64

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information