Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Tutorial: How to create and/or burn a Dreamcast disc in 5 minutes

DCEmu Newbie

Many thanks, been looking for a tut for a long time!

DCEmu Newbie

I am particularly interested in:
    "3 How to create and burn your own DC image with BootDreams:"

I am trying to burn a CD of dreamSNES to play some roms. When im ready to create the image from bootdreams it asks for the main binary file, I am assuming this is the 1st_READ.BIN?

I do not fully understand the 1st_READ.BIN. When I tried to look for one to download, all i get are information how to see the 1st_READ.BIN for certain games etc and how to generate one etc, I can't find a solid download for one for my purpose, or know if mine is supposed to be just a blank file. A previous user listed one but turns out the yabasuse is for emulating the Sega Saturn. I have tried looking it up but have finally resorted to asking. Where can I dl this or where can i find info on how to generate the 1st_READ.BIN for my purpose on a windows machine. (the ones i've found and also the cdrtools package seems to be unix programs)

Also; are there any ISO programs that can open an existing CDI image of such distributed cds (emulator cds with roms in them) that us noobs can simply open, change the image by simply changing the roms we want to play, and either burning it directly or repacking the cdi and burning it, essentially leaving all other structures and needed files intact? PowerISO sure can't.
    Last edited by vo_danh; June 23rd, 2009 at 03:18.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/dreamsnes.php

download the binary from that page, that is the file you need for dreamsnes

DCEmu Newbie

interesting but what about games over 700mb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b11hitman View Post
    interesting but what about games over 700mb
    800MB CD's.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Many failures...

I have been trying to burn SNES4all for my SC for the past two days, after putting it back in storage for a year or so since my last attempts. To start, I know that my system works with emulators because it was purchased with Nestor's DC, which is the only reason I get it out now. I love my old school nintendo.

But I find myself surrounded by shiny coasters now, and I feel that I've tried just about everything. I can't find a version of DiscJuggler that will install on Windows 7 x64 (as soon as the installer starts, it tells me to reboot without doing anything).

Programs I've tried:
    Alcohol 120 (Doesn't support my dvd/cd burner, so I can't write below 10x)
    CloneCD using mounted cdi file
    BootDreams using Plain Files
    BootDreams using cdi file
    Nero 11 (out of desperation)

The closest I got was when I burned the plain files using BootDreams. It loaded up the main image and the config screen, but there were no games. Burning cdis with audio/data and putting them in the dreamcast results in it trying to play the audio file and ignoring the rest.

Nester DC is all on one disc, and snes4all shows that it's supposed to be. Can anyone help me figure this out without having to swap CDs before I lose all my hair?

Thanks.

Hello guys, I'm new on it and wanting to burn the latest version of yabause, but I don't really know how to do it.

Also, I have even tried and used the wrong files from another emulator to burn it using Boot Dreams, thus no game won't boot up.

Somebody help me there
    Last edited by davidlowrance48; January 3rd, 2012 at 18:07.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information