Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The History of the Sega Saturn

I play my saturn a fair bit, never had one when they were new but brought one last year for my collection.

Anybody know any details about the disc swap trick?

I read somewhere that you need to cut some wires and connect a switch to make it think the drive door is closed when swapping discs, is there any way around doing this? I have an original pal saturn (with the oval buttons)

Blog Entries

saturn ruled, thou mine kept burning out for some strange reason? I owned 4 sega saturns, 2 burnt out and 1 I trew the controller at and the other blewup! lmao

I might be tempted to buy my 5th (and final) sega saturn to re-play panzer dragoon saga
    (which I never completed due to getting N64 back in 98 with LylatWars)

Quote Originally Posted by kando
    another oldie but goldie...

who made the 3DO anyways?
    lookin back at the '90s who the hell diddn't make their own 3DO? Goldstar, Panasonic (stick to batteries baby), etc.

And AS USUAL Sega was ahead of its time and advanced, but we have to ask ourselves has that ever steered sega in the right direction? It seems like the more heart they put into a good system the more they get marketburn. Maybe it was the mid-90's attitude? Maybe people don't ramble on and on like they do today about cutting edge graphix, online play, and the machines inside. Maybe the internet of today made knowing the innerworkings of things a more popular topic of discussion and descion? Don't know.

Who has seen the TecToy Saturns they still make in Brazil? They look nice.No region lock on the Saturn right?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mcvader View Post
    I play my saturn a fair bit, never had one when they were new but brought one last year for my collection.

Anybody know any details about the disc swap trick?

I read somewhere that you need to cut some wires and connect a switch to make it think the drive door is closed when swapping discs, is there any way around doing this? I have an original pal saturn (with the oval buttons)
    First of all you need one original CD of any saturn game
    You don't need to cut any wires or sth like that

Firstly put to the drive backup
    Don't close door drive hold it open alltime
    next step is power on your console and you can see three steps of rotation your cd
    First step is very fast rotation and when it's ending and cd will rotate slowly then you should change cds from you should put off backup cd and put in original CD
    Saturn needs to rotate original cd to check that cd is original or not
    and when the original CD will rotate faster you should quickly put it off and put in again backup cd

sorry for my english but it works

If you have PAL console and you have game with region NTSC U or NTSC JAP it will not working with your saturn you should to change region of game by special program

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...A3FC254D60E404

DCEmu Newbie

The Sega Saturn is a beautiful system which I play to this day! Games such as NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon and Sega Rally make it an essential console to own. It had a style and 'personality' which the bland Sony Playstation never had...

check out http://thesaturnjunkyard.blogspot.com

and feel some real Sega love...

Default brasilian saturn information

http://johnnys-epitaph.com/saturn.html

Complete Sega Saturn information about the Sega Saturns from TecToy of Brazil. It's my project and site, enjoy

The Brasilian Sega Saturns were NOT region free and only play NTSC-U titles, however, they did run in PAL-M mode at 60hz. Amazingly you could score chips directly from TecToy already on the console for region modifications which you'll notice on my site at the very bottom. I got extremely lucky on the last skeleton model I bought

There was a time when I first moved to Brazil from the United States when you could pick up a modded Saturn just about anywhere or find somewhere to mod it easily, and they would country region mods as well as cdr mods for a fair price. Aside from myself there are very few individuals still working with the Saturns here and it's virtually impossible to take it somewhere and get it modded. There are still a few chips floating around and the Brasilian mod chips only have one wire which are really nice and easy to install.

Quote Originally Posted by satanrules View Post
    http://johnnys-epitaph.com/saturn.html

Complete Sega Saturn information about the Sega Saturns from TecToy of Brazil. It's my project and site, enjoy

The Brasilian Sega Saturns were NOT region free and only play NTSC-U titles, however, they did run in PAL-M mode at 60hz. Amazingly you could score chips directly from TecToy already on the console for region modifications which you'll notice on my site at the very bottom. I got extremely lucky on the last skeleton model I bought

There was a time when I first moved to Brazil from the United States when you could pick up a modded Saturn just about anywhere or find somewhere to mod it easily, and they would country region mods as well as cdr mods for a fair price. Aside from myself there are very few individuals still working with the Saturns here and it's virtually impossible to take it somewhere and get it modded. There are still a few chips floating around and the Brasilian mod chips only have one wire which are really nice and easy to install.
    Nice info about the Brasilian Saturn. I added the link to my bookmark

If anyone has any information including schematics in regards to any Saturn motherboard including specific screenshots of which chips on any given board are the BIOS and GFX chips, please feel free to message me here or post on this thread. I'm very interested in identifying the BIOS chips on all the Saturn motherboards. Thanks!

Sega Saturn is very underrated, I bileve Bernie Stoler killed the Saturn in America with dis-alowing most japanese games to be localized in America. If you can find the great games Daytona USA CCE, Sega Rally, Panzor Dragoon, Sonic 3D(I found pretty fun) and more than this system is a great find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information