Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 37 - Whats the Best Console for PSX Emulation ?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by thick9" View Post
    The best PS1 emu is the PS2.
    doesn't the ps2 just have (some) ps1 hw?
    not really an emu then

It was best emulated on the Xbox and i believe the PSP aswell. The Dreamcast was okay but how can we say it was best emulated on that when only 3 games were released. Sure there were beta's that were leaked but those things played pretty horrible and of course without saving what makes a game without that "nothing".

Xbox was great you just had to really fool around with the settings to make the games run perfect i used to run Jetmoto 2 on it and it played perfect or near perfect.

The only problem i ran into was with the Sound sometimes studdering,missing music, and can slow down the game. On the other hand i believe PSP is probably the best way not to sure though as when this was released around the sametime Sony released PSone originals for the system someone used a hack to play PSone games on the system.

This made many happy i never tested it out but if i could imagine it would be the fastest system to play games on that and the PS3 emulated commercially.

Psp

DCEmu Newbie

PS3 and PS2 is best use of 2 analogue sticks and compatibility, PSP is a close second, Xbox is #3 if you tweak it a bit and last would be Bleemcast because there were only three games it worked with officially and 1 analogue stick blah...I leave out the PC version because it isn't fair to categorize it with the others as it is not a game console in my opinion but I do like the ePSXe emulator on it.

You can't count any of the Sony consoles because Ps1 playback is designed into the consoles, and bleemcast isn't really an emulator, so again Xbox wins.

I've never run a PS1 emulator on my Xbox, so I can't say anything about that...but I do enjoy ePSXe or whatever the popular PC version is called...Never have had too many problems with it.

for console id have to say xbox (altho its a little odd having 2 shoulder buttons mapped to the face of the controller)

never tried bleemcast, and psp is just irritating to me

the lack of 2 shoulder buttons and a second stick makes it darn near totally useless on many of the PS1's titles

ps2 was flawless, but as someone else mentioned it had PS1 hardware in it (i think the main cpu for the ps1 worked on sound) so it was not emulating anything

DCEmu Regular

Obviously the PS2 and PSP run the games better than anything else. Bleemcast was good for the 3 or 4 games it could play, but compatibility is a big factor of a good emulator, and that just didn't have it. The beta's hardly worked as well. So for a console with an emulator coded by a third party, it has to be PCSXBOX or whatever it was called.

DCEmu Rookie

id say psp but i only have psx console emulation exp on psp. im still looking for help downgrading from 5.0 m33 6 to m33 2 to be able to use popsloader if anyone can help me...

DCEmu Legend

I'd like the PSP to count. It may be a commercial emulator but it works wonders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information