Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The DCEmu Interview - Question 37 - Whats the Best Console for PSX Emulation ?

The portability of the PSP makes it the most amazing PSX emulator out there. It may be "commercially made" but its hacked to allow us to put our own game collection onto our PSP's and enjoy them like we did so many years ago. It has made me pick up old games I haven't played in years. The lack of a second stick isn't much a problem in most games since most were made to work with just one in the PS1 era. The lack of shoulder buttons is slightly inconvenient for some games, but for the majority of games I have played, it works fine without them.

Naturally the ps3. It does emulate the ps1 (unlike the ps2) and with pretty good compatibility.

DCEmu Newbie

Do all PS3 emulate the PS1,or is it just the ones that also emulate the PS2?In other words do the new PS3 they make now emulate the PS1 even though they dont emulate PS2 anymore?

Hello:

Sorry on this one. I don't find a decent PSX emulator on a console. By far the best I tested is ePSXe for PC.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by thick9" View Post
    Do all PS3 emulate the PS1,or is it just the ones that also emulate the PS2?In other words do the new PS3 they make now emulate the PS1 even though they don't emulate PS2 anymore?
    All PS3 models play PS1 games, even the PS3 slim, but only some early models play PS2 games as well because they've got the PS2 hardware, the emotion engine and/or the graphics synthesizer.

PS2's have the PS1 hardware in them the main CPU from the PS1, the LSI R3000A 32 bit RISC processor, is used as the I/O chip for the PS2 which is how full backwards compatibility on the PS2 is achievable.

DCEmu Rookie

the PSp\ps3 emulator is nice... i've never done emulation for ps1 on other consoles

bleemcast seems nice, never had it , but the video i saw on dreamcast is amazing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information