Thread: NAOMI GD-Roms

DCEmu Newbie

Default NAOMI GD-Roms

Perhaps this is answered somewhere else, but...

I was searching through e-bay looking for parts to do a DC to Arcade cabinet mod. Anyway, I keep seeing NAOMI based GD-ROMS.

This got me to thinking, can a NAOMI machine play Dreamcast GD-ROMS, and if so can it play MIL-CD's...therefore all the emulators. This could open up even more homebrew because the NAOMI system has much more memory.

It would also be easier (although more expensive) to make a home arcade machine out of it. So, the basic question is can Naomi play DC and vice versa....what is and isn't compatible.

Dream Coder

There was one person who had the same ponderance but does not have the hardware to attempt getting kos to run on a naomi system.

No it is not compatible. It would be a LOT easier to make an arcade cab out of a DC, all you need is a DC, a tv or a pc monitor and vga box, and either microswitch buttons and modded controllers or plain 'ol DC arcade pads, which are fairly cheap.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Make sure you post pics once you start work on the cabinet

DCEmu Newbie

The cabinet was originally a Midway Pac-Mac or Mrs. Pac-Man machine. It currently has Final Fight in it with marquee and stickers etc. I needs some work... cleaning and new controls (it all works, but could work better.

I'm going to get a jamma fingerboard off ebay and make all the hookups.

Thread Information