Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey64 Update

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by sroon
    Does the NDS have the same codeings as the n64 since the are both 64 bit(I think)
    I thoght you would know this because I think you said that you make DS games for a living.(lucky *******) JK. so any way I was just wondering if your knowlege to the n64 emulator comes from your DS knowledge.
    PS I just want to be a game designer someday. hope its not spam.
    DS & N64 have NADA in common. The DS has alot in common with the GBA tho. The DS is also not 64bit. It is a 32bit Arm9 processor with no floating point.

In terms of raw power the n64 is king but the failures of the n64 gfx department allow DS games to look much improved over n64 games (even tho they are not).

thats intresting... I thought the DS was 64bit... and I thought it was a bit more powerful then the n64!

Yah me too!!! I thought the DS had an expansion pack intergrated into it! on mario ds the graphics are a lot diferent/better than the n64.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sroon
    It would be nice to see a screenshot of zelda 64, that is if that rom size can be fixed.
    Lets worry about the rom size issues later..

Its good to see that you have the camera in place now, nifty to see things coming together.

Good luck on finishing up the build, and get some rest.

Out of curiosity, when will the textures be worked on, after fps rate is stable?

wait so your not giving us a new emu on spring break? thats very PSdonkwhatever the heck his name is to do that

Quote Originally Posted by PSP Candate
    wait so your not giving us a new emu on spring break? thats very PSdonkwhatever the heck his name is to do that
    Yeah, it's a real shame that he can't get it finished to meet your schedule. Give me a damn break, dude.

please elaborate what you mean hockey2112 ?

DCEmu Newbie

PSMonkey, in what ways is the N64 more powerful than the DS? Not that I don't believe you, but seeing how DS games such as Mario 64 and Mario Kart have huge improvements over their N64 counterparts in terms of polygon counts, texture resolution and framerate I would think that the DS would be more powerful.

Thanks for the update PSMonkey (make the translation and keep u in touch)...Finally Iris comes Up...Yeah

See Ya guys...

-- ÊGG #3 --
    -- Claimed by michael chan --

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    In terms of raw power the n64 is king but the failures of the n64 gfx department allow DS games to look much improved over n64 games (even tho they are not).
    So by theory....the PSP could handle DS emulation? I'm sure it wouldn't work well with the touch pad etc..

Kinda odd when a system can emulate its competitor.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information