Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey64 Update

DCEmu Newbie

If the miracle ever occurred that the thing does start, it takes 10 minutes to boot the OS and it only runs at half speed, which is really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum
    IN my opinioin what ever gets the job done. I wish their was a way though just to convert a rom into an eboot.pbp file or convert the rom into an .iso or something that way it was compatible with the PSP that way there would be no need for emulation. But for some reason I think that is impossible without having a PSP tool kit unfor.t I guess we will have to wait for emulation to be done by PSmonkey. But that is going to probaly take most of the summer time too until we start seeing maybe mario64 some what playable. After all when he begun this project he said it would take about 6-months to a year before we start seeing a playable emulator. But I will do my best to be patient And great work psmonkey
    The only way I could see this done is if the ROM was decompiled, and trust me, don't expect that anytime in the next 5 years.

About emulating Windows, JUST FORGET IT! One effing emulator came out, and people expect it to be the answer to all their problems.
    The emulator is extremly buggy and barely runs. It uses software resize the screen, making it incredibly slow. The thing shouldn't pass 5 FPS just on the desktop, but running another emulator, it would be rare to see it get to 1 FPS.
    But an N64 emulator? On a Windows 95 x86 emulator, using software scaling? You'd have to be completly wasted to even think it possible.
    The N64 emulators for PC probably rely on the graphics card of the PC, and I'm sure the bochs emulator doesn't use the GPU.

does anyone know when tigger's honey hunt will be playable because thats my favorite game on n64

About the streaming from the mem stick. I have heard that this is a slow process for some reason. Just recently i bought a new sony high speed 2gig mem stick that has a read/transfer speed of 80mbps. Now games like perfect dark.z64 are only 33.5mb, so am i missing anything? Couse the way i see it the rom should stream to the psp almost instantly. Now i dont have any experience known to me in this area but the only conclusion i can come up for a reason that the streaming might be slow with the 80mbps mem stick is simply due to the PSP's ability to read and process the data.

Any ideas? Please inform me, as im intrested.

something was said about not being able to play roms of 16mb or more. i have a 1gig mem card, so whoever said that explain why it doesnt matter how much memory it needs

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Data is only a memory call away on a cartridge, it isn't while streaming a memory stick hence the whole ROM neesds to be dumped into the PSP's RAM.

Some PSP RAM is used by the Kernal, some by the emulator, some reserved for the emulated console RAM which leaves about 16mb left hence the ROM size limit.

There are some ways around this but at the this stage they don't matter.

Ya!!!!!!! Good idea monkey to keep Monkey64 in user mode!!!!!!!! Now I won't have to buy a new PSP!

P.S I know this post is a little bit late, but I've been working on Home work for the past 3days

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman
    DarkPSP, as best I understand it, yes it has to do with loading. See the emulator hastoo load the game and with the limited memory a 27mb is too large. If/once PSMonkey or someone else developes a streaming process it shouldnt be a problem.
    Oh, ok. That won't really be a problem for me then as long as I can still play great games like Mario Party and Mario Kart.

well, i have a question, i dunno where should i put roms so they could work on my emu i writes me no rom loaded and there is no optiion with games i have money64 emy plz help ))

DCEmu Newbie

you should work on kernal first then go to usermode after it would be eazier

Thread Information