Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey64 Update

Quote Originally Posted by behahwhoalalala
    Stop being so childish and off-topic (You are both spamming!)
    go hug a car whilst it's moving (No offence)

PS: I was being sarcastic....
    By "both", are you including me? If so, then are you not spamming with this message about us spamming?

Wait, don't answer that question, as it will be even more spam.

Mods, please delete these posts by me if needed. It just pisses me off when people act like ungrateful little *******s (not you, behahwhoalalala), and I felt like I had to say something. This project is utterly amazing, and good things come to those who wait.

Haha, I love how the "sensible" ones of us keep spamming and then giving the mods permission, as if they need it. (No offense, of course, I'm including myself here.)

Anyway, about TYL, it looks like the devs responded again at PSPU, and this time showed a little more respect and even admitted the possibility of the emulator running at ~20 fps...so I wouldn't read too much into the post before.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by qaopjlll
    I dont know, I was able to emulate the N64 with Project64 at 15-30 fps back when I was running on my 333 MHz Pentium II with a crappy 8MB video card, so I would think that the PSP would be capable of at least a similar level of performance.
    Ah interresting to know, it's probably very hard to emulate a 85mhz cpu on a 333 one, I was reading a while back, you need an average of 10instructions to emulate 1, mean like a 85mhz would require a 850mhz cpu to run easily. But of course in this case since it's both RISC architecture (even if they are different). A dynamic recompiler could boost a lots the results to get a 4:1 ratio (which you cannot do with the SNES because it's a hmm forgot motorola cpu or whatever, lets not forget we also have a cpu in PSP for the media engine which might help too.

I think it's a really hard project, but it's posssible to get nice result still. If you were getting 15-30fps on a 333 PII, we should be able to get the same or more on a 333 RISC. Project64 as a lots of ASM optimizations thought, the same optimisations will be surely needed for the risc asm later when the C functions will be working perfectly.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Erban Terrorist
    Who are these other coders for psp???YoYo who is he...? We all know PSmonkey IS a coder in REAL life as a JOB.....Im sure if it wasnt possible he wouldent do it....ANYWAYS....what makes you interested in makeing this EMU PSMONKEY and why the psp....arent you NINTENDO loyal?????LOL juss playin !!!!
    I'm not a Nintendo loyal. Actualy I somewhat detest the DS. Yet the n64 was an awsome system. I loved mario64, zeldaOOT and many other n64 games.

I took on the emu since it's been a discussion between me, lac & another coder friend for some time. It was felt with the hard work, some good results will come out of it. I finaly desisded to give it a go. It's an amazing technical challange and I much love puzzles. So its a joy to work on (regardless how difficult it is).

DCEmu Newbie

i love u :P

DCEmu Newbie

hey psmonkey, do u think u can post a couple of screen shots of different games, just to see how they are ingame. we would really appreciate it. thanx.

Good Job

DCEmu Newbie

Default yeah but..

doesn't kernel mode do away with the ram limit?

No, I think kernal (Keyboard Entry Read, Network, And Link... I think ) is just used for the wifi (Network)

It's not just for WiFi, and in fact, you can use WiFi in user-mode (somehow, fanjita/ditlew figured it out with the Quake guys. I really want to see how..).

I find it interesting that you got 15-30 FPS on a P2 333mhz, 8MB graphics card. My only PC is a P3, 450mhz, with an 8MB graphics card. I only got around 4 FPS while playing Mario 64..

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information