Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey64 Update

Why doesent the roms run off the memroy card in the first place to begine with?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind
    is there any possible way of increasing ram
    No, it would be practicly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by sroon
    It would be way to slow, untill monkey finds a good way to do it.

Monkey, mabye you could try some form of prefetching.

DCEmu Rookie

hey monkey64,did u fix that rom memory problem yet?like if the rom is to big it wont load?or u cant fix that?

Guys, he's not worried about loading bigger roms atm. First priority is getting games to even run.

Quote Originally Posted by sroon
    all emulators that are emulating a cartridge based systems must have the rom loaded completly on to the ram. even emulators on the pc. So systems like snes, nes, n64, gameboy, genisis. Must me completly loaded. For thise older systems it has not been a problem because the roms are very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernux
    this just just a guess, but a rom file is the image of the n64 cartridge, so it must contain the meshes, skeletons, textures, sounds, code, etc. that is used in the game. So couldn't you dissect the rom file and devide it up into all of those on the memory stick, and then load the specific meshes, textures, sounds, etc. for the level? Like when you start up Mario 64 it would load up the castle, but when you stepped into a picture it would then load up the files the level inside the picture needs.
    Of course, this is what we meant my streaming the ROM off the mem stick
    Except instead of disecting the ROM into seperate files, it would be stored all in one.
    Having seperate files would be easier, sure, but it would be much better to use one file.

IN my opinioin what ever gets the job done. I wish their was a way though just to convert a rom into an eboot.pbp file or convert the rom into an .iso or something that way it was compatible with the PSP that way there would be no need for emulation. But for some reason I think that is impossible without having a PSP tool kit unfor.t I guess we will have to wait for emulation to be done by PSmonkey. But that is going to probaly take most of the summer time too until we start seeing maybe mario64 some what playable. After all when he begun this project he said it would take about 6-months to a year before we start seeing a playable emulator. But I will do my best to be patient And great work psmonkey

PSP User

this is a bit off topic, but is there anything that will emulate windows and allow you to run pj64 on the psp?

Nope, and there never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by kale
    this is a bit off topic, but is there anything that will emulate windows and allow you to run pj64 on the psp?
    I heard this one guy(Maten or something) has got Windows 95 on his PSP but I cant seem to get it to work.

Thread Information