Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast 2 once and for all!

Default Re: Dreamcast 2 once and for all!

It still might be compatible with homebrew, as long as there isn't a real protection against it. Because if it is DC2, it should be compatible with the DC1's software (games and specific code). If we understand this and the fact it will also probrably be compatible with Audio CDs... However the homebrew must be only DC1's specific as I doubt they will use the same programming and bootstrap routines with DC2. Anyhow this is all speculation, but hopefully not vain.

I doubt many developers would just jump in with a new sega console after they have failed so much in the past. Because of this i agree that it should be like the gp32. The could do this all for 99 (whatever you call them) i think thats about $130 us. release a few games every once in a while, and make the system open source. I am sure there is alot of reasons this wouldnt work that im not thinking of... but wouldnt it be cool?

Another thought is what if Nintendo fused with Sega. The origonal 16 bit console warriors joining forces... wouldnt that be cool?!

They could also concider a handheld device, like a portable dc or somthing. but that wouldnt be cool because the gp32 and the dc are like brother and sister.

I highly doubt that sega will ever make another console, but thats what they said about the saturn, so who knows.

What kind of hardware would you want to see in the next (possible) DC?

Dream Coder

for it to be backwards compatible it would have to be an SH-5 or higher end SH-4 (they have 400Mhz versions), a next gen Pvr chip, and just loads of ram(1gb of ram should do it? hehe)
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

The SH5-100 is the latest SuperH chip. It's clocked at 900 MHz and it's back-compatible with the SH-4. You put 2 PowerVRs and maybe a Geometry Engine and it rocks! Less than 200 MB DDR RAM would be more than enough. DC2 is a game system, not a Windows PC that eats and eats and eats RAM. With a good management of resources, more memory becomes useless and very expensive. Think about the consumers. Then there's also the required DVD-Drive...

(1gb of ram should do it? hehe)
    1 gig?! what for?!

I think a hard drive would be cool. IMO the current dc video is fine, but better video probably wouldnt add much to the price tag. I think it should have support for HD TV's. It would be cool to see it linux based, as linux is powerfull, easy to modify, and free.

I also think DVD support is important now. 650 megs just isnt enough anymore.

I also think new controlls are important. IMHO the current DC controllers suck and were cheaply made. I think something like the xbox's would be good, as its great for fpsers. Also rather than a seperate broadband adapter and 56k, they should fallow sony's exampleand just put both jacks on one adapter.

As for the hardrive, the hardrive dosnt have to be that big. 5 gigs should be just fine, however i think it should have some kind of add on for more hardrive space.

What do you think it should look like?

DCEmu Regular

whatever

that site is a fake the pic you were looking at was not a dreamcast 2 one thing i could tell you the reason why it looks like a ps2 with the logo from a game called D2

What site Eric, the only URL posted in this topic is the one from SEGA.com's main board.

Anyway, it's good to discuss the specification of the DC2, but it's pointless unless we all show SEGA how important DC2 would be to us. And please, don't start saying the same things everyone does, that SEGA has no money, that DC2 has no market... We don't know the future, but I do know that if we'll never do anything, nothing will ever be done.

well i am going to say it sega does not have enough money since the dreamcast flopped i am not saying its a bad system at all as i have the system but seen as how there were people out there who made boot ups illegal ones nobody needed to purchase a game the just downloaded it and burned and played sega gave a message to these illegal hackers to ask them how they are doing this no message was returned as they kept doing it also when the net became that you had to pay for it people became to think that dreamcast online was already unstable to have to pay for it so now that is the whole reason why its down and under i read lots of news articles you will only see a new system when they make more money from XBOX,PS2,GameCube,GBA and the new systems coming out so no dreamcast2 is coming out soon and i dont think that will be the name of the new system i am sorry but i do think this post is a waste of time seen as how it is impossible for sega to make a new system not enough money

Dream Coder

i was kidding about the ram... making a parody about how everyone is always complaining about how little ram it has when the alternatives have less or very little more.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information