Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSN Stopping PSPs with Custom Firmware?

Blog Entries

psp PSN Stopping PSPs with Custom Firmware?

News via pspita

A maintenance of Playstation Network has brought an unpleasant surprise for owners with PSP Custom Firmware M33. These PSP is in fact denied access to services online Sony (Network) and even with the version.txt firmware set for 5:51, or the last available, you can bypass this block.
    An unexpected move by Sony, which affects a large proportion of PSP users.
    We will keep you updated on developments.

UPDATE: After a test run with CF 5.50GEN-A, it seems that there are no problems in the PSN, and with no online play.

That's not a problem for PSP users with custom firmware, but for Sony itself. Sony don't want people with custom firmware access to PSN, so Sony does not want that those people buy games over PSN, so Sony does not want the money of those people. Well, less money for Sony. Another bad (and stupid) move for Sony...

They will never learn...

Yes, that would be very foolish of them.

DCEmu Newbie

yes i agree sony is turning down good money from us and yes my 3000 running cfe 5.01 no longer connects to PSN so your loss sony even though i have bought multiple items from PSN

I have custom firmware, and I've bought stuff off of there. There are two ways to see this.

Reality: They're idiots.

Benefit of the doubt: I find it odd that they just did this now, if it's possible they could have done it at any time beforehand. Maybe they found a security hole that would have allowed people to steal off of it. And maybe they'll let us in when they fix it. And then log all of our accounts and sue us.

But really, is it a big loss? The PSN might be more attractive if things were, idunno, cheaper on it.

Lock us out, make things cheaper, and maybe some of us will switch to OFW. Or buy a PSP Go.

Yes this is what that is all about. They can't figure out a better way to market something that should have come out a year ago as the PSP 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowriffe View Post

I have custom firmware, and I've bought stuff off of there. There are two ways to see this.

Reality: They're idiots.

Benefit of the doubt: I find it odd that they just did this now, if it's possible they could have done it at any time beforehand. Maybe they found a security hole that would have allowed people to steal off of it. And maybe they'll let us in when they fix it. And then log all of our accounts and sue us.

But really, is it a big loss? The PSN might be more attractive if things were, idunno, cheaper on it.

Lock us out, make things cheaper, and maybe some of us will switch to OFW. Or buy a PSP Go.

Yes this is what that is all about. They can't figure out a better way to market something that should have come out a year ago as the PSP 3000.
    I honestly have to go with, Sony just taking pre-cautions, I don't honestly believe Sony wants you to NOT buy stuff of the PSN, it's just they could take apart games that weren't previously UMD games so on so forth. But then again, I could be wrong, just a guess in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    UPDATE: After a test run with CF 5.50GEN-A, it seems that there are no problems in the PSN, and with no online play.
    Hm... I'm running the same version and I still can't access it. If SONY is blocking CFW, then why don't they say it? It's one thing to block me from using me from my funds, it's another thing to bs me by saying my version isn't high enough.:rofl:

So now custom firmware users can't pirate games, nor can they 'buy' online downloads.

Lets just wait for the UMDs that lock out CFW. Just wait.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Good job SONY!
    /sarcasm

Hmm i don't care i'm never buying things on PSN.
    And if Sony protect us from going to PSN we will always find a way to bypass it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information