Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider delayed due to hidden nudity?

Blog Entries

Default Tomb Raider delayed due to hidden nudity?

Source Gamespot

Source: The xtraordinary Xbox xperts at Xboxic.com.

The official story: See below.

What we heard: One of the keys of the Tomb Raider series' success has been the sex appeal of its heroine, Lara Croft. Whether it's her previous buxom incarnation or more-athletic current build, it is self-evident that Croft's designers made her to be pleasing to the eye--and the opposite sex.

In her latest adventure, Tomb Raider: Legend, Croft's outfits verge on the risqué, and include a slinky evening dress, skin-tight artic suit, and the requisite hot pants. However, they remain modest enough for the game to have received a T for Teen rating from the ESRB.

However, according to Xboxic, Legend may not be as demure as it purports to be. The editors of the Dutch Web site pronounced that "the game's US release date of April 11 has been moved back after someone had posted textures of the game to a forum clearly showing nipples on a bare breast."

"The game contains a chapter set in Tokyo, where several women are dancing in the distance," said Xboxic. "To keep it simple for the animators, they had initially modeled all the women naked, so they could simply d$#@! different dresses around them later. Why the breasts were there complete with nipples initially, I don't want to know."

With anticipation for Legend running high, word of the flap spread throughout forums like wildfire. However, Eidos reps were quick to extinguish the fires of speculation. "No, Tomb Raider is not delayed," a rep told GameSpot. "That rumor is false. We are shipping on time for ALL platforms (PlayStation Portable is following by a few weeks as we've stated before)." (Emphasis in the original.)

So where did the nude pictures come from? Eidos reps hinted that they may exist in the European version of the game--but not the one that goes on sale stateside on Tuesday. "No, the file commented on in this post is not in the US version of the game as reported," said the rep, before adding, "Ugh."

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus.

This is hilarious! Even if it was delayed someone will probably still find a way to play with a naked lara. Why someone would want to do that, i dont know. Unless youre a horny twelve year old kid.

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, old news, it was an unmapped texture, not even visible ingame.

DCEmu Newbie

if u wanted to play with lara nude u could back up the game delete the clothes files and then everyone would be nude im sure it wouldnt be that hard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's always a mod guys

and since the psp can be modded so easily via usb, anything is possible

DCEmu Newbie

The outcries whenever there's a nipple seen in public or in the media in the US is just plain bizarre. In stark contrast to the violence widely put on display. Nobody cares about a halfway nude person even on gigantic ad displays in the middle of downtown where I'm from, but everyone is much more sensitive to violence.

If someone was to take of their clothes on TV (just because), hell - most people would applaud and cheer on. Because it really isn't doing any harm at all. People making a bloody mess of each other, now there's something that should not be taken too lightly.

So in the media's views if anything has the ABILITY to become naked (like a model that's clothes are seperate models) but never does in the presentation STILL has to be taken away from the public (CENSORED [*cough* unconstitutional *cough*]) or atleast rated AO so those 17 year olds have to wait another year...

I guess that means the movie business is frikkan screwed over... In all movies with live actors they were naked under those clothes... Bye bye movie industry...

So when are they going to start banning cd's that were recorded by naked artists, or imply the artists are naked ("its getting hot in here...")

Soo, Show me the nipples! Hell, you could have all the people naked, I don't care.

Why is the ESRB even involved in gaming?

gosh, if i want to see nipples all i gotta do is ask my girlfriend... the only ones they need to protect is little kids.. im thing elementary, like toddlers-5ths grade... and most of them suck on their mommy's teats every day, LOL!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information