Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless Keyboard using Wireless

it could potentialy work, the main issue is decoding the information, I use a logitech wireless keyboard, and it uses RF (radio frequency) modulation, not WiFi, and not IRDA, and for the time being, it would be impossible to pick up the signal from a PSP, however, there is an option of data transfer from a PC with a keyboard to the PSP, it shouldnt be hard to program software to transfer information from a PC to a PSP via Wireless..

the onnly thing would be, you'd need a seperate wireless network for PC to psp Infrastructure data transfer, however in a sence it should be possible to transfer whats typed on PC to PSP...

What about bluetooth Seeing someone made an adapter (God knows why) maybe it could be used to interact with a bluetooth keyboard

DCEmu Regular

jman420: the program would have to be made and applied to all other homebrew/programs for it to be able to work, unless it launched other programs as a subset of itself (which may or may not be possible, depending on how the programs were coded in the first place). Also, isn't that alot of work just to have an entire pc setup on a wireless network and having the PSP connected to the network as well just to use the keyboard? o_O Anyway, it would also require software to be written for the PC (as well as the PSP) to transmit the keystrokes. Again.. it's so much work, so massive, and would work in so few situations that I'm not sure if this is the right way to go.

wally: The bluetooth adapter you're probably talking about plugs directly into the audio port of the PSP. It doesn't actually interface with the PSP at all when it comes to the software, all it does is takes the audio signal, then broadcast that over to the receiver. So.. that adapted has no way of interfacing with it, and therefore inputting any commands into the psp.

O_o Otherwise, it'd be great to have one.. but I think a keyboard needs to be made from the ground up for the PSP. Can't just use an existing one and try to patch it together.

well yeah, I didnt say it'd be easy.. but it is potentialy possible.. it could be possible to set up an infrastructure network between the psp and pc, for to transfer information..

it wouldnt even have to be so much programming though.. more like a keystroke bridge, DirectX SDK does have a keyboard keystroke monitor, it is possible to monitor all that is typed, turn it into a simple variable, send it over an infrascture network to the psp, and decode it.. the only thing is, you would need a PCI card WiFi system, I dont beleave that its possible to use a router in backwards information transfer...

not easy I know, but possible none the less..

And it would be good for the planned Openoffice suite! I love this idea!

WOW
    Tis all very complecated
    If somebody succesfuly does this - id clap my hands till they bleed
    IT WOULD BE SO COOL

anything is possible..

Even computers controled by brainwaves

Default I may have a good soulution...

Next to the headphone jack is a serial port. To my knowledge, the serial port hasn't been explored much.
    If it worked through a cable, I'd imagine it would take up way less memory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information