Thread: My Raid 0(SATA 160GB x2) are gone, that mean all my PSP source code goes as well.

PSP Coder

Default My Raid 0(SATA 160GB x2) are gone, that mean all my PSP source code goes as well.

My Raid 0(SATA 160GB x2) are gone, that mean all my PSP source code goes as well.

After settling down my work and come back from my overseas trip, now my PC system (using raid 0 with SATA 160GB x2) was crash.

So I go find and use the dos utitle software to scan check my disk. One of my SATA got bad sector and other was OK. Than I take out the bad sector hard disk and run the good ONE (Hope it boot). but nothing happen.

I was very worry now, because some of my important work report/doc and all my psp sdk and source code are in it.

So I pop in the Windows XP for recovering, but it said no OS found and ask me do I want to install new Windows XP (I cry in my hearts). So I try to use harddisk restore and recovering software and no go.

I feel very depressing and took me hours to decide what to do.......... (Because I need the PC urgely for my report).

I search around my desk(Thumbdrive, CDR, DVD-R and almost all media) and hope I find a backup my report. Oh my, I manage to find a backup of my report and doc (not the most recently one) but it save me lots time and dont have to redo to much. But I just can't any of my latest PSP source code and build.

Now if I don't reinstall my OS, I will not be able to do anything. (I only got one PC). So I install.

Now I had recover from harddisk failure and find my important doc/report but psp source has to go away.

Please dont expect any update or even anything for quite some time......... cry 0o0OooO

BTW, I will never and ever use raid 0 again.......

Default dude NOOOOOOOO!!!

man! i think u made a mistake , i think but im not positive but pretty sur if u have a raid setup the data is written across both drives (u cant access ones data without the other being there) isnt that what raid setups are used for combining two drives to make one high speed drive, dont know for sure but dont erase one try to recover from both at same time

DCEmu Regular

Depends what kind of RAID hes using if its RAID 0 then u cant recover your data if one of your drives fail,but if hes using another RAID 1 or higher i think then i think its possible to recover.

DCEmu Regular

ps ive just seen hes using a RAID 0 doh!

Man Raid 0 is badd luckly some of it was saved
    dumb smart computers that do bad things

DCEmu Regular

Thats terrible... i hope you didnt loose too much other stuff...

When i bought my laptop i could choose between raid 0, raid 1, or no raid.
    I nearly got raid 0 after most my friends said it was much faster...
    Raid 1 would have been the safe option but i'd waste half my storage space.
    So i went with no raid.
    After seeing this happen, i think im glad i went without it...

Unhappy

I'm sorry Miemt that is some really horrible news.

Backup guy's! Allways backup the important things on a raid 0.

Thread Information