Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #2)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #2)

To those who dont know what this is ill let you in to what this is.

This is a rather unique experiment if you like of a public interview of up to 40,000 people who are members of the DCEmu Network. We are all here for the love of homebrew and gaming and so the questions will be based around that subject.

With the new Network Forum i only need to post this once for it to show on all the sites

Heres question 2

What got you interested in the Homebrew and Emulation Scene ?

(as usual i answer first)

Well if i remember right it was back in around 1996 when i first got a PC, someone installed a Snes emulator on the computer and i was shocked and amazed at seeing Super Mario World on my pc.

If im talking about homebrew only then its the Dreamcast, Boob Dreamcast Research was the premier site at that time and talk of a Media Player and Gameboy Emulator were the hot topics.

OK thats me done, over to the masses

Well first thing i had was a SNES emulator on my computer, but i really got into homebrew with PSP. I was watching Attack of the Show on G4 they mentioned firmware 2.6 was cracked i looked it up and here i am now.

Well I guess I've been taking apart modifying and putting together electronics since I was five or so lol. The homebrew and emu scene was just a logical step later on along the way, I guess that all started when I purchased my HDD from sony for my PS2 and was angered on spending that much money JUST to play FFXI and bein stuck with a huge hard drive with NOTHING I COULD DO WITH IT!!!!! (Thanks alot Sony you stupid.....) So I started to research and see what else I could do with my hard drive, I had mildly been into emulators before that so I could play with some of my old NES and SNES games on my PC and was thrilled at the possibility of NES and SNES on my TV rather than PC and with a console pad. Low and behold it was such a pain to get a hold of the disks to be able to eXploit my unit I never did end up doing it. Once I saw that hello world was achieved I knew I needed a psp.

PSP is what really got me into the homebrew and emulation full blast...but I've been playing roms on my PC's for ages and have always been interested in anything somebody made in their garage (or home office).

I always used to play things like the imported versions of Pokemon Yellow/Gold/etc. before they were released in the USA via emulation, then I of course bought them when they released here. That was a long time ago though...

When I got my PSP, I wanted simply to do 'more' with it; I had been hearing about things like the Wipeout Web hack and I just looked around the net for 'psp hacks' and wherever seemed to have the best news I stayed at. Guess I picked the right place!

As far as emu is concerned, I personally never owned an SNES and I regret it these days. It gives me a chance to sample some of those old classics! Also, I DID have a genesis, but I don't anymore, so now I can relive all my Sonic days (it used to border on obsession!).

As far as non-PSP-related emu goes, I've been messing around with PSX emu to play all my old PSX discs, and I'll be trying to run a DC emulator since it's very hard to find a working Dreamcast these days.... (and DC was the best system EVER MADE).

well i got into emulation was of course a snes emulator and n64 on my computer YEA. Then i started to venture out into looking at other system emulators and got to play a bunch of games that was must play on that system which i never had the chance to play.The psp is what really pull me towards the homebrew and playing all these created games on my spare time and i love it.

i just liked that u could do almost anything u wanted and it was all free cause i dont work so i dont have allot of money

Dream Coder

I can't remember a time when I wasn't using homebrew. When I was 5 I remember a friend gave me a copy of a game (he was in high school, friend of the family) that someone in one of his computer classes had written for the Apple II. Joined DCemulation.com before I even got my Dreamcast and I did so a great deal because of the fact that I could play homebrew and emulation on it (I got my Dreamcast when it was still being sold retail, christmas of 01). I got a coder's cable about 2 years later and the rest is recorded in the histories of our good 'ol online forums.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

like the new layout i have to say pretty refreshing to the eyes

i couldnt get wireless play workin on my psp so i googled internet on psp it took me to a hack sight because i saw a web portal and i was amazed by the other hacks(homebrew0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information