Thread: GBA Emulator Speed Problems

DCEmu Newbie

Default GBA Emulator Speed Problems

Ok, ive successfully added 2 emulators to my PSP. I have the SNES and the GBA. I was able to tweak the SNES settings on the emulator, and all of the SNES roms run amazingly. On the other hand, my GBA emulator runs extremely slow, and choppy. I have obtained the latest GBA emulator and i have equipped it with a zipped version a pokemon rom (to save size cause i ahve a $#@!ty memory card). I figure that the PSP has alot more processing power than the GBA and the roms should run smoothly. Can i do anything to improve the quality of the games? Would previous emulators run better/which one? would the zipped GBA rom affect the speed of the game (do i need to buy a larger memory stick)?

Thanks!

You will never be able to run the current version of the gba emulator you have at full speed. All you can do at the minute is increase the cpu speed but that wont do much. Development has been canceled for the time being, so hopefully someone will pick it up soon. Hopefully sometime we will have a fully playable version of the gba emulator, but at the moment, no.

DCEmu Newbie

ok thanks... guess im gunna stick to snes then

yea, so far all GBA Emu's run slow... im sure a normal speed emulator will come out soon though

i suppose by the fact that progress on it has stopped on it means no coder knows how to speed up or create sound for a GBA emu.

DCEmu Newbie

i dont think its that nobody knows how to do it, cause theres GBA emulators for the computer and xbox etc.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

That's because with the Xbox and PC they have a bit more power (read: a lot more power) then the PSP.

Thread Information