Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris Update (Just future progress discussion)

The controls on Syphon Filter are sort of like the one Sniper posted back in page one. But instead of using the dpad to look, you would use the joystick. To change weapons, you would press right on the dpad. The down on the dpad you could use to duck and up could be used to jump. The left dpad could be Misc.

Ill try to get a picture up for a better idea.

Edit: Heres my poor attempt for a control scheme. Thanks to Sniper for the original picture.

Not bad..I'm liking it. I like the little "Voice chat" idea...but I thinking your getting ahead of yourself!

Would it not make sence to have the directional buttons and command buttons the other way around?

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Not really, how else are you going to aim and move at the same time?

A while ago monkey discussed somthing about UT models. I didnt think that would be supported... anyway did anything ever become of that idea?

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    A while ago monkey discussed somthing about UT models. I didnt think that would be supported... anyway did anything ever become of that idea?
    Actualy I ment Unreal Bsp maps but i've put too much into building iris around quake 3 bsp. So i think i will keep it this way.

DCEmu Newbie

Once again, this will be the greates homebrew game ever. I like how you're completely working out everything to get it perfect before jumping into something huge like wifi. I wait patiently for future releases.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc
    The controls on Syphon Filter are sort of like the one Sniper posted back in page one. But instead of using the dpad to look, you would use the joystick. To change weapons, you would press right on the dpad. The down on the dpad you could use to duck and up could be used to jump. The left dpad could be Misc.

Ill try to get a picture up for a better idea.

Edit: Heres my poor attempt for a control scheme. Thanks to Sniper for the original picture.
    so similar to the controls on sw battlefront 2, i think i like that idea or the idea i came up with:

Analog:
    Up= move forward
    down= move backwards
    Left= look left
    Right= look right

R trig= fire
    L trig(hold down)= enter free look mode

x= jump
    circle= straf right
    square= straf left
    triangle= taunt

Dpad:
    up=use, open door, turn switch, activate kind of button or veiw map (if added)
    left=change weapon
    Right=change weapon
    down=crouch (press once to crouch, press again to uncrouch)

Start=Pause game/options menu
    Select= main menu

yeah locking characters may be cool but then it wouldnt be much of a chalange when play against live player
    i think
    but i dont like the idea of walking with the triangle i would rather move with the control stick as is now and to look up and down just use freelook ,like when sniping and stuff cause it would be kind of hard to look up and down wile in a quick fight with someone cause the only time you look up in halo is when eather they are to far or they jump

ps:i pm you sniper please reply

BigMace, yea Syphon Filters controls are very much like Battlefront. But wouldn't it be better to be able to look up and down while moving? It would be easy dogding and avoiding bullets when the enemy has higher grounds than you. Taunting shouldnt be that important. Maybe you should be able to taunt when you are directly over your opponent and press a button; sort of like in Socom: Fireteam Bravo.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information