Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris Update (Just future progress discussion)

Ya, the select button isnt very far from your thumb. And you gotta think, how often are you gonna change weapons

see my last post on page 1

depends if when there is a wide variety of weapons they equip based on power cause sometimes a rocket launcher isnt too practical in a closed enviroment

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy
    what do you think of the hotkey chat function, i know it's a long way off to wifi but it would be great to be able to quickly chat to online player. you could probably make a system to change the messages for each hotkey in a config file .
    VoIP would be even better but that would take a while to implement.

VoIP = Voice Over IP. (live chat like xbox live). The PSP network bandwidth should be able to handle it since its 802.11b.

Yet again that would take quite a bit of time to do. Sure maybe unreal style quick messages would work but kind of suck. :P

here is my idea for controls, it is like a cross from doom-psp and goldeneye for the 64

Analog:
    Up= move forward
    down= move backwards
    Left= look left
    Right= look right

R trig= fire
    L trig(hold down)= enter free look mode, like on goldeneye,(use analog to look in desired deriction)

x= jump
    circle= straf right
    square= straf left
    triangle= taunt

Dpad:
    up=use, open door, turn switch, activate kind of button or veiw map (if added)
    left=change weapon
    Right=change weapon
    down=crouch (press once to crouch, press again to uncrouch)

Start=Pause game/options menu
    Select= main menu

glad to see your pushing my expectations PSmonkey,
    hell i will be happy as soon as i get a new release of iris however long it takes, or whatever the improvments.
    keep up the great work, your the reason i refuse to upgrade from 1.5,i know it works on 2.0+ but i love the no hassle loading of such great games.
    ps please please please try to get a release of iris out by 21st april as i live in the uk and socom gets released then. I'm very weak, but i may be able to hold out till may but then monster hunter and katamari come out .... don't make me do it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy
    glad to see your pushing my expectations PSmonkey,
    hell i will be happy as soon as i get a new release of iris however long it takes, or whatever the improvments.
    keep up the great work, your the reason i refuse to upgrade from 1.5,i know it works on 2.0+ but i love the no hassle loading of such great games.
    ps please please please try to get a release of iris out by 21st april as i live in the uk and socom gets released then. I'm very weak, but i may be able to hold out till may but then monster hunter and katamari come out .... don't make me do it!!!!!
    You mean upgrade?? You can just use MPH Game Loader

I dunno. I don't like this game. I've tried it with the star wars mods and all... I just can't get past the sluggish gameplay. Don't get me wrong; it's a better game than I'll ever be able to program in the near future, but I don't like how the main char's legs move faster than he moves. And how analog is the control for all directions.

grinch, shut up

because i live in the uk those games will require 2.60 and as far as i know only the genesis loader runs 2.60, but not the latest release(splinter cell), so for current loaders it doesnt seem likely.

i am sure some genius will find a way
    (but im no genius )

sorry to go off topic but im getting no response in the thread (psp help: "run 2.0 umd video on 1.5")
    anyone got ideas about running UMD videos which require updates through MPH loader, is it possible

Quote Originally Posted by grin.ch
    I dunno. I don't like this game. I've tried it with the star wars mods and all... I just can't get past the sluggish gameplay. Don't get me wrong; it's a better game than I'll ever be able to program in the near future, but I don't like how the main char's legs move faster than he moves. And how analog is the control for all directions.
    i think the first version was more of a proof of concept and the next release will be better.

I like the control scheme on Syphon Filter : DM. If there was a way to implement those controls somehow into Iris, that would work out great.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information