Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have You Noticed?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

DraconumPB: your are refereing to GPL Licence. it only counts if the original released the sourcewith that licence (with is like 95% of the time)

wraggs does have a job, and hes does all this work in his spare time. Also those adds do not bring in alot of money. You only get money when someone clicks on an adds (google and yahoo adds).

...contains an affiliate id, making him more affiliate commission money at the expense of you.
    how is it at the expense of you, its the same price with or without the affiliate id, and again it only works is someone buys the product straight from that link, ie if you go to the site via his link and then come back later via the front door of the website, he gets nothing.

Pot calling the Kettle Black
    how, we don't ask any money of the users?

Good point, like I said, I'm no OSS scholar so thanks for the clear-up. I've just worked with people who are =p

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

well what you said is mostly right, but techicaly not all open source has to be GPL

Dream Coder

I just don't see a big difference between a site with adverts and one without that asks for money. If you would rather see the ads then by all means use that site, if not they are offering a somewhat wanted alternative
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

pshh when i load up psp-news...i see just that ...psp news from the most reliable network FOR psp-news..period i get the feeling some people dont understand the 3 main things "any" relationship consist of
    trust
    respect
    and communication
    dcemu is not only one of the only site too COVER EVERY ASPECT OF EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE AS IT HAPPENS! and more than that they bother too take the time too ALLOW YOU AN OPPINION! unless you are a major contributer then i guess we should have some RESPECT and maybe appreciate the COMMUNICATION wraggster supplys on a DAILEY BASIS and TRUST that he will CONTINUE TO BE THE GR8 WEBMASTER THAT HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN THE PAST AND GR8 PERSON AS WELL people who keep our site clean and organized like the moderators deserve our respect!!
    if not for guys like kaiser making his guide 2 homebrew and all the small things like keeping post in-line,,,we would be a mess so
    TOO ALL IT APPLYS VETTACOSSX THAKS ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE A POSITIVE PART OF WHAT MAKES DCEMU NETWORK TIC!

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    I just don't see a big difference between a site with adverts and one without that asks for money. If you would rather see the ads then by all means use that site, if not they are offering a somewhat wanted alternative
    So you would rather pay to see exactly the same news but just with no ads?? Crazy, CRAZY!

The ads take aren't hard to ignore and they help keep this site free, that's the whole point. Anyone that can't possibly browse a website with ads and must have every site commercial free probably shouldn't be using the internet in the first place.

We all know Dcemu is the best.

[insert site name here] may be pretty (well, sort of) but dcemu has depth hehe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information