Thread: X-Flash v7d for PSP

Blog Entries

psp X-Flash v7d for PSP

Art, one of our Forum Members has updated his X-Flash App for the PSP, Heres the details and whats new:

<blockquote>X-Flash is a firmware modification program written primarily for my own use. I wanted a way to quickly apply newly discovered firmware hacks, and to automate the process of customising any new 1.50 PSP units that I might purchase in the future. Not all of the firmware modifications performed by this program are my own, but I use all of these modifications permanently on my own PSP units. The X-Flash program has followed a logical progression, and now features some firmware tools that I did not consider when I started the program."

Heres whats New:

* Fixed version 13.37 spoofer to work with three languages (English, French, and German).
    * Menu option for "Disable Wave Effect" is now called "Toggle Wave Effect".
    * Menu option for "Disable Network Update" is now "Toggle Network Update Capability". X_Flash detects your PSP's current setting, and performs the opposite action each time the option is applied.
    * Flash writes for these features are now verified.
    * The "Custom XMB Menu Label" feature now only changes the label of the 'Game' folder, although the routine can be expanded to change other labels.
    * The option to disable network update automaticaly labels the icon "Disabled".
    * Flash writes for the "Custom XMB Menu Label" feature are now verified.
    * There are nine selections for replacement Game icon labels (scroll sideways).
    * New basic checking for invalid background file types, invalid font file types, and other error conditions at startup.</blockquote>

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via art

From the readme file:
    Secret Locked Option-
    Sorry Guys, locking it is the responsible thing to do. If you can contact me, I will give you the unlocking secret, and some advice on use of the feature. Please do not advise on the unlocking secret on public forums. This feature could have unfortunate consequences if certain conditions are not met with it's use.
    Obviously I don't want to ask how to unlock it, but anyone know what it is?

I was just wondering what it actually was?

no but it has to be pretty good to be locked to the public.

now i rember i think it was you were able to store mp3's to your psp firmware chip.

Yes. The extra features that are locked are novelty, and only make you feel good about the program when it's locked.

.... like... ude.. now i wanna kno what it is too... well... seams like a cool program illdownload when i get home..

DCEmu Regular

oooh, i like the idea of having disabled icon for network update menu option... i'm never leaving 1.00, i'm sure i will find a good reason someday!

has this app been tested on 1.00? kinda paranoid about writing to flash after past experiences...

oh and if any one reading this post has a dumped FirmWare 2.6 please send it. Thank you please email me at [email protected]

this app looks sick! I like in Psix (OMG! Isn't Psix controversial?? Shhhhh) how when you run a homebrew it skips the eboot movie. I am going to try removing the movie w/ this prog now that it offers restore options. I did remove the eboot movie little guitar noise thingy, but it started to screw w/ my PSP when I would play GTA:LCS from MPH's loader, I thought it might have a negative effect overall.

Thread Information