Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The DCEmu Public Interview (Question #8) Which Console was the Biggest Let Down ?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by logicbomb.de
    thats a shame you don't like the xbox, and a bigger shame that you didn't mod it and exploit its full potetial (anyone who know, knows)
    Agreed - it's now the bargain of the century - you can pick up a modded box with a 120gb drive off eBay for around £100 - add a wireless network adapter and you have the most versatile, cheapest media centre money can buy. This also means you can install games to the drive, cancelling out the dodgy loading times to virtually null.

Finally, someone mentioned the Amstrad GX4000 - there was also a console version of the C64 at that time, the name escapes me - it was verging on useless

DCEmu Regular

Guys we are talking here for the Biggest console faillure and not for the most recent......
    I would say Panasonic3do........Come on its not Dreamcast,psp or cube.......
    Some olders system they sold to dissapointed...........

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

its actual the biggest let down for you, not the one that sold the least, it does not even have to be a failure

Although I think the N-Gage & the Virtual Boy would've done the trick, I never really got to own them...but some of My Friends in school did, and boy were they pissed.

To me it was the Sega Saturn.
    I bought the Saturn when I heard about a lot of games like Megaman 8, Shenmue, Toshinden Remix and the revamped version of CastleVania SoTN were available for it, and then there was no more games....I beat the games and kept some of them, then sold the system(box and all) a year later to a rarities shop for a little more than $80 bucks. I gotta say though, my dissapointments were never directly aimed at the system, but at it's software production ending so abruptly.

I was about to buy the Neo Geo CD console once too, but it went down before I actually did.

I currently own a PSP(duh), GameCube, PS2 & I still have my good old SNES, and neither of them dissapoint me. I might get a Dreamcast one day... I love X-Box even though I don't own one, my best friend does & it's the only console he owns with a huge library of great games. Online Halo people might know him as IllOmen.

So What was the Console that was the Biggest Disapointment to you and Why ?
    Possibly the 32X even though I loved some of the games on it (such as Star Wars Arcade, Stellar Assault, Virtua Fither, Metal Head) it was hideously timed & doomed from the first moment someone thought of it, I guess this is more a dissapointment with the way Sega handled it though really. With that in mind then it could well be the Atari Jaguar (not 64bit no matter what Atari try to say, do the math! I did & if its 64bit then so's the Saturn) underpowered, marketed with false promises it had no hope of living up to & with a serious lack of good games, many of the best were shovelware ported from the Amiga. I got mine cheap from a car boot sale & still am not sure if it was that wise an investement, maybe if I find a cheap AvP that'll alter but till then its Amiga ports only for it really & as I've had an Amiga for many years the Jag counts as a big letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Horace
    the Commodore Amiga CD32

wtf is that??! i hear you all cry! well google it!!

being an Amiga it had great potential, the addition of a keyboard and a diskdrive (even a harddrive - which was way ahead of its time) was brilliant, but was easily surpassed by its "computer" brother the Amiga 1200.

if it been given a 3d chip, and 16-bit sound (other than what was played direct from the CD) this *could* have been to console to dominate all others.
    But then they couldnt have done all that shovelware as easily, Alien Breed 3D woulda looked a damn sight better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat
    Finally, someone mentioned the Amstrad GX4000 - there was also a console version of the C64 at that time, the name escapes me - it was verging on useless
    That would be the C64GS I have one & love it, though I never did mod it to add a keyboard I could of done, once you opened it the only differance to a regular C64 board was the cart port was placed differantly. The games were expensive as hell though which was the only bad point really.

PSP Coder

DEFINATELY N-GAGE

lol, that has to be the most miserably failed console ever made. I saw one in the mall to test out, and DAMN that was a piece of $#@!.

PSP Coder

PSP sucks only because of Sony, its maker.

ANY console wouldn't be half as great if there was no homebrew.

Only the thought of playing NES, SNES, GB, GB Color, Quake, Duke Nukem, Sega GG, Internet Radio etc. makes this console unbelievable.

Only games I REALLY thought was worth something were;

Bleach, GTA, Wipeout Pure, SFA3 and well, that's pretty much it.

They need to make better games for PSP ^_^

My favorite game genre is 3D First Person shooting. And only thing they got for PSP that's first person is Coded Arms and man did that suck camel balls.

Long live homebrew and damn you Sony for trying to block it.

I am hoping Microsoft's Xbox Portable will kick PSP's ass.

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone heard of Virtual Boy? I think it caused cancer or something like that, I had one for about a week

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information