Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The DCEmu Public Interview (Question #8) Which Console was the Biggest Let Down ?

Blog Entries

Home/News The DCEmu Public Interview (Question #8) Which Console was the Biggest Let Down ?

To those who dont know what this is ill let you in to what this is.

This is a rather unique experiment if you like of a public interview of up to 40,000 people who are members of the DCEmu Network. We are all here for the love of homebrew and gaming and so the questions will be based around that subject.

Heres question 8

Which Console was the Biggest LetDown (disapointment) ?

Of all the Consoles i have ever brought the biggest letdown for me was the Panasonic 3D0, it was billed as the next big thing and yes it was a great system and boasts probably the best version of Need for Speed on any Console. But like most consoles that fail it had no support from software houses eve though it had some major names behind it.

So What was the Console that was the Biggest Disapointment to you and Why ?

For me the PSP was abit of a letdown. Not half as good as it was hyped up to be and the only reason I still have mine is because of the brilliant homebrew scene.

The Dreamcast! I didn't know about homebrew back when I had mine in like 2001, and the game selection was garbage. There were like 10 games. But thinking about it now, I think that was because of the homebrew scene. But it still sucked not knowing about homebrew and only having 10 or so games to choose from...

DCEmu Newbie

dreamcast, because it just seemed to be taking off then sega announced it was dead...

unfortunatly it has to be the PSP

sony seems absolutely intent on crushing what makes the psp so great (in case your stupid, the answer is homebrew) all because of the $£*%ing pirates

because of the pirates the UMD will fail and so will commercial success of the PSP

%@$£*&£%$$£$%£$£ pirates i wish you all dead

DCEmu Rookie

GBA, dont know if your including handhelds, what a pile of pants! Also the DS, although not realy a let down as i never bought one, because the games on my n-gage looked better!

you are all full of such $#@!.

joesnose... buy a ****ing ds. It's games make the psp's lineup look pathetic in comparison, and I can't help but laugh that you consider the n-gage to look better. The n-gage was the worst handheld ever released but the psp itself is no letdown... i never expected such an amazing homebrew lineup... and the games themselves are great. tales of eternia... daxter... medievil legends... ALL BRILLIANT.

The biggest console letdown for me ever has to be the microsoft xbox. I bought one when rare announced development for it... but out of the 70 or so xbox titles we have upstairs... I barely play any of them. It's the most overrated, huge... disc-errorific piece of garbage ever released... and the controllers are so pathetic i use a ps2 controller in mine.

psp before i knew about the homebrew scene other than that it's the xbox

DCEmu Newbie

i'd say cube as it could have been so much better, but due to falling popularity it never got the attention it deserved.

also just to say n-gage is one of the best handhelds i have. cheap, got some great games with pretty good gfx and emus, mp3 player and movie player for small things like trailers or futurama. ive never seen whats wrong with it apart from bad publicity

the Commodore Amiga CD32

wtf is that??! i hear you all cry! well google it!!

being an Amiga it had great potential, the addition of a keyboard and a diskdrive (even a harddrive - which was way ahead of its time) was brilliant, but was easily surpassed by its "computer" brother the Amiga 1200.

if it been given a 3d chip, and 16-bit sound (other than what was played direct from the CD) this *could* have been to console to dominate all others.

the games that it had were fantastic, but it gets my vote because it could have been so much more... i only mention it because i care about it, all the other consoles apart from those from Sony and the Gameboy have all pretty much sucked anyway, so they couldnt really disapoint me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information