Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The DCEmu Network Public Interview (Question #9) Is Homebrew Better Than Commercial ?

Com - Better Graphics, High Price
    Emu - More use then games, All old games for free

I Like a good mix of the two.

DCEmu Newbie

Well i love my DBZ game the replay factor is great but then i love my old neogeo collecting dust in the attic. So homebrew is great like the emus N64 looks somewhat promising and I have Neogeo emulation and on the otherhand i have Online Headset Socom, DBZ, and hopefully in the future gta so i can upgrade to 2.6 and still have my King of Fighters 94-99 on my PSP. SO id say depending on what u like will determine in ur eyes which is better. I think they are both the same.

DCEmu Rookie

I made up my mind in getting PSP for homebrew since I had a feeling that the games going to be released weren't going to be so great. Those that ARE good are just ports (Mk1/2/3, SF2, SFA3) imo.

Commercial games usually are ports of a console title. Some games like GTA, Twisted Metal, and Lumines are good non-ports. The price of games for the PSP is really expensive, most are 40-50 dollars. I save money by getting isos instead, but I still did buy some games. Emulation is a sweet secret of the PSP since most people don't know about it. Emulators don't appeal to people who never play those games or people who hate games with bad graphics.

DCEmu Regular

I'd have to say homebrew mainly for emulation. I don't use much apps, it's mainly straight emulation. However most of the games for emulation are commercial games. So it's really the same thing as what's out commercially for the psp...only better. I just like old school so much more. It's all about gameplay and story that makes games fun. Not the most real of real graphics. I do 3D animation for a living and as much as I love it 2D is always going to be better. 2D is so much harder to do than 3D, especially when it comes to sprite animation. If you can do 2D it won't take long for you to jump into 3D. I just love 2D so much more. Games like Earthworm Jim, Rayman 1, Astal, all capcom fighting games, the animation just is amazing. Anyways I'm for emulation way more than commercial.

DCEmu Newbie

If there was no commercial though
    in 10 years there wont be any machines to emulate that havnt already been emulated

DCEmu Newbie

^ What he said.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information