Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Misc KOS related issues

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Indiket View Post
    Wow, now sound and music play really cool! The libWildMidi works very well.

One question, in the controller menu, I try to calibrate the analogic stick, but I cannot do it. The game keeps in the square screen and I try to press A or B, but no luck (so I have to reset the console). Also, I don't see any movements when I move the analogic stick. Am I doing it wrong?
    No, that's my goof. I thought I had tested everything after the switch to the multi-buffered video, but I missed that. It was doing "old-style" rendering. I'll fix that for the next release. Thanks for the bug report.

Tried 1.1.2 and yep, it's fixed

No more suggestions for now hehe.

PD: Thanks BlueCrab for the selector

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

PD: Thanks BlueCrab for the selector
    Heh. That's one of the simpler little pieces of Dreamcast code I've written in a long time. Simple, clean, and easy to separate from other pieces.

Glad I could help in some way.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

DCEmu Coder

Well, I've got a few more things corrected, but I'm holding off on the next update to see if I find more stuff.

Things corrected so far for 1.1.3: load/save in-game settings like volume and view size; and exit cleanly on quit (they both go together since Doom doesn't save the in-game settings until you quit).

Rambling yesterday in my things... I thought with two ideas that maybe you can put in practice.

First one is using a vmu image on the lcd screen (like Wolf4SDL does) and maybe also prepare some icon for load/save settings on vmu.
    Second one is trying to use rumble functions of the purupuru device (the vibrator). You know, imagine using vibration with the chainsaw... tasty

DCEmu Coder

Rambling yesterday in my things... I thought with two ideas that maybe you can put in practice.

First one is using a vmu image on the lcd screen (like Wolf4SDL does) and maybe also prepare some icon for load/save settings on vmu.
    Second one is trying to use rumble functions of the purupuru device (the vibrator). You know, imagine using vibration with the chainsaw... tasty
    Funny you mention it... I'm in the middle of replacing BJ with Doomguy right now.

As far as the VMU display goes, I was thinking more of either an inventory so you could play with the status bar completely gone, or maybe a map of the immediate surroundings. If you have a preference, be sure to post it.

Does KOS support the rumble pack? I don't remember seeing any code for that. But yes, rumble would be great for the chainsaw in particular.

Mmm for the vmu display the two ideas are good for me, but I think it will be more useful the first one, because I think that vmu screen is too small for showing a significant part of the map... I'll think about it.

I'm quite sure that KOS supports vibration pack, but BlueCrab can answer this question better than I. If my memory doesn't fail, I think the vibration is a bit different if you are using the oficial vibrator or a 3rd party one... but again, not sure.

Dream Coder

Yes, KOS supports the vibration pack, the official name is 'purupuru' so that's the name of the driver. It's a bit difficult to use but there is a lot of info about it on dcemulation (when the driver was first being written) as to common parameters that work with both first and third party devices.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    Yes, KOS supports the vibration pack, the official name is 'purupuru' so that's the name of the driver. It's a bit difficult to use but there is a lot of info about it on dcemulation (when the driver was first being written) as to common parameters that work with both first and third party devices.
    Okay, thanks for that info.

DCEmu Coder

Okay, 1.1.3 is up. I went ahead and made the VMU show the player status. You get the Ammo, Health, Armor, and any keys, in that order going down the LCD. I update the LCD a little more than four times a second, so it's up to date without going nuts updating every time through the loop.

I also finally made my own batch of Doom icons for saved files.

I ordered a "Jump Pack"... what a crazy name for a rumble pack. It's no wonder I hadn't ordered it before - I had no idea what it was.

So sometime this next week, I should have a mouse, keyboard, and rumble pack in. There's already code for the mouse and keyboard, but it's completely untested. I'll finally be able to test it. I'll add rumble support when that comes in as well.

One question about the rumble effect - there's a duration field... what's the timing on that? I don't need an exact figure, but it would be nice to have some idea. We know the intensity goes from 0 to 7 with 7 being the most intense. An idea about the duration would be nice.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information