Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Misc KOS related issues

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLF65 View Post
    One question about the rumble effect - there's a duration field... what's the timing on that? I don't need an exact figure, but it would be nice to have some idea. We know the intensity goes from 0 to 7 with 7 being the most intense. An idea about the duration would be nice.
    Duration is one of the things that is least supported amongst the 3rd party rumbles. If you're looking for any sort of real timing, I'd recommend doing it in software, sending commands that will start and stop the rumble as needed.

I'm not entirely sure what the duration is supposed to mean, and unless its in the topic on the subject at dcemulation, I don't think anyone particularly does.

Also, a quick note, I'll be going away for a week, so I won't be able to get the biosfont coloring stuff in KOS' repository (I had a little bit of cleaning up I wanted to do in the code first). Sorry about that... its been a hectic week.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab View Post
    Duration is one of the things that is least supported amongst the 3rd party rumbles. If you're looking for any sort of real timing, I'd recommend doing it in software, sending commands that will start and stop the rumble as needed.

I'm not entirely sure what the duration is supposed to mean, and unless its in the topic on the subject at dcemulation, I don't think anyone particularly does.
    There wasn't that I could find. I guess I'll just have to play with it.

Also, a quick note, I'll be going away for a week, so I won't be able to get the biosfont coloring stuff in KOS' repository (I had a little bit of cleaning up I wanted to do in the code first). Sorry about that... its been a hectic week.
    That's okay. I appreciate the help. It's not like this all has to be done immediately anyway.

Bump!

JLF65, I tried your DCDoom 1.1.6 with the BBA, but I think it gives an error.

This is the console output when I activate network game and I put the two IP:

R_InitSkyMap
    R_InitTranslationsTablesI_InitNetwork()
    I_InitNetwork: unsupported network type -1
    startskill 2 deathmatch: 0 startmap: 1 startepisode: 1
    player 1 of 1 (1 nodes)
    S_Init: default sfx volume 8

And also, the Local Network Address is empty.

Maybe, should I set before the BBA config with another game (i.e. Quake 3)? I'll try that.

As another little bug that I've seen: when you enter to the in-text screen (to write using the pad), the game changes automaticately to NTSC 60Hz. Then, when you return it restores to the original selection.
    Last edited by Indiket; September 10th, 2009 at 23:53.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Indiket View Post
    Bump!

JLF65, I tried your DCDoom 1.1.6 with the BBA, but I think it gives an error.

This is the console output when I activate network game and I put the two IP:

R_InitSkyMap
    R_InitTranslationsTablesI_InitNetwork()
    I_InitNetwork: unsupported network type -1
    startskill 2 deathmatch: 0 startmap: 1 startepisode: 1
    player 1 of 1 (1 nodes)
    S_Init: default sfx volume 8

And also, the Local Network Address is empty.

Maybe, should I set before the BBA config with another game (i.e. Quake 3)? I'll try that.

As another little bug that I've seen: when you enter to the in-text screen (to write using the pad), the game changes automaticately to NTSC 60Hz. Then, when you return it restores to the original selection.
    Oh, thanks for the bug report. I probably forgot to change the OSK screen setting to check the PAL/NTSC flag. I've got a BBA (finally) coming in the mail, so I can try the networking myself next week. As I understand it, you're supposed to use something like the web browser to set up your internet configuration. Apps like Doom just use what's stored in the configuration. I went by code from a few of the KOS examples and another open source game for the DC to figure out how the network is initialized. After that, it's just sockets.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information