Thread: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion on PSP and PS3

Blog Entries

psp Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion on PSP and PS3

Modojo has received word that video game developer Bethesda will be releasing a version of its recent Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion RPG title on Sony's next generation console, the PlayStation 3. Not necessarily a surprising move, however the porting doesn't appear to stop there as a PSP version is apparently also in development.

An odd move to say the least, but the Elder Scrolls have seen a portable iteration once before, available on Nokia's N-Gage, so a move to the PSP would certainly be possible.

Both titles are slated with a tentative November 2006 release date, which would imply that the PS3 version could be a launch title.

In other news, a new Star Trek game, titled Tactical Assault, has also been unofficially confirmed to be in development by Bethesda. Available on both the PSP and Nintendo DS, the title currently sports an October 2006 release.

Stay tuned to Modojo for the full report on Bethesda's line-up as E3 rolls around in a few short weeks.
    http://www.modojo.com/news/20060425/598/

Ah this looks neat. The Elder Scrolls series has always been my favorite. The main attraction to this game is the fact of being let loose to do whatever you want with many options it would take much time to complete everything there is to do. As for Oblivion on psp, there will have to be some serious downgrading to the game. System requirements for pc version exceed what my new 'moderate' dell can handle.

'Main' Minimum System Requirements:

* 512MB System RAM
    * 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
    * 128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
    * 4.6 GB free hard disk space

Even if the graphics are depleted significantly, I beleive it would still have the same feeling of gameplay as with all the rest of their creations.

I have to believe this is not true, a PS3 version maybe but a PSP one no.

If there is a PSP port of Oblivion coming out, I'll forget about homebrew and update right away to play it! (not really, I'd wait for Fanjita or someone else to hack the fw that Oblivion would require, then update!)

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

well Oblivion is on the mobile phone! http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/ob...e_overview.htm

so i could see some really cut down version for the psp.

my friend is a big fan of morrowind, and just got a 360 yestarday, and have been playing oblivion flat out...

Thread Information