Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Sony Released More Game Demos Would You Sacrifice Homebrew ?

Blog Entries

psp If Sony Released More Game Demos Would You Sacrifice Homebrew ?

Sony are one crafty company, the release of the Homebrew killing v2.70 firmware concided with the demo of Loco Roco, now this brings the question would you leave homebrew behind if Sony were to bring out Demos of all their Upcoming and Present Commercial Games ?

Should be interesting to see what people say

Heck No!

Not at all, in fact I only bought my psp to make homebrew

ummm let me think...... NOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm glad this issue has come up because I have been hearing a lot of buzz about game demo's requiring 2.7 firmware.

They are DEMOS - Sure it might be cool to try out some really promising up and coming titles. But the temporary enjoyment in a DEMO does not compare to the almost limitless and promising homebrew.

If you look at this way... PSP Homebrew is still relatively young and immature. People are still learning more about the PSP and finding new ways to make great homebrew. A lot of really promising stuff like SNESTYL, PSPSOne, Monkey64, and much more is still a work in progress. I truly think that if enough people stay dedicated, the PSP Scene can grow to be 2-3 more times as great as it is already.

I have been close to saying "screw it" and upgrading a few times but the one thing that stays true and consistent is that TIME is on our side. I recently felt the joy of playing Lemmings, Worms, & Siphon Filter on my 1.5 PSP. Not too long ago I thought it would never be possible.

Well, this post is getting way too long. I just urge everyone to hunt down a 1.50-2.0 PSP and DON'T UPGRADE. Its not worth it. Hold out for the PSP2 to come out with the built-in 4GB of storage & whatever else. If the PSP2 is going to use UMD's then it will almost surely be 100% backward-compatible with current UMD games.

DCEmu Regular

Nope.
    I would just be more likely to buy a second psp if they did that... but that's probably not good news for Sony, they don't make money on console sales do they?

Sony could try something better like selling special versions of firmwares like "2.70 pro" which allow people like us to create and use homebrew aswell, with restrictions like not being allowed make profit from the games.
    I'd imagine this could sell at a high price like 200 quid or more, as it means people don't need to buy second/third psp's.
    Seeing as people are gonna buy the extra psp's anyway, Sony might aswell make huge, 100% profit from it.

DCEmu Pro

i wouldn't upgrade(although i have thought about it) not for the demo games, but for the umd videos

because i biought advent children on my psp and i have a 1.5

Why would you want to? All of the commerical games stink anyway. . . .I havent played a really cool game since GTA I work at a video store so when were done renting out the game and its not renting that much I buy them for about $7.50 cents a pop and I get to rent them for free anytime i want in the meantime. In a nutshell-I will be pleased with the 1.50-2.01 games for a while

I would like to play Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell but no one ever thought GTA would be playable on 1.50 and look what happened i think its just a matter of time for things to happen You just need to be patient everyone.

Of course NO!!!!

Homebrew is just one of the reasons that make me love the comsole, almost the spirit of my buy. And believe me, not even a Crisis Core:FFVII demo will make me change my mind.

1.5 forever!!!

Default yes

I was at 2.6, ive already updated to 2.7, and the GTA exploit just wasnt worth the hassle. So yes and No. I want sony to release demos, its a great concept. But I want homebrew to work on 2.7 even more or a downgrader but thats unlikly

DCEmu Regular

Unlucky gene...

I really wanted to get that too.
    But it seems Sony preffers us not to buy their movies if we don't flash our psp's every couple of months with a new firmware update.
    Not that the movies have anything to do with needing newer firmware features... they would run just as well on 1.00 if Sony let them. sux eh?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information