Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll let you figure this one out for a change

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by disturbed19
    Just a few questions for psmonkey.

1.Would emulating sound on M64 decrease the framerate drastically or just a bit?
    Yes it will since all the audio processing will have to be emulated. Yet sound emulation is not critical to emulating a game. So I plan to leave the option so you can turn it off or not. As well down the line I might move sound code to the ME (for 1.5 users only, still will be a build thats 2.0 compatible) like the snes team is doing. Since sound does not have to be finished for the cpu to continue.

2.after your done with all the texters and bugs you said u'd make an Dynamic recompiler, after that is finished how man fps do u think m64 will emulate?
    I will do a dynamic recompiler when I feel the interpreter base & the rest of the emulation is solid enough. Pretty much I need to be playing mario & others perfectly first before i touch one.

Once done it should realistly give us between 30-60fps. Already in interpretation we have games giving us a reasonable 10-15fps.

3.i already know the answer to this but do u thinks its possible that zelda would ever work, i know its a big rom but ya know?
    In the future 100%. I just need to take care of other things first. Then I will hit up zelda.

4.how long do u think you will be working on M64 for? i really hope u can make this emulator as playable as possible.
    Untill I feel satisfied. Even when I have mario 64 running on my psp at 30-60fps I wont feel satisfied. I want to have a decent running n64 emulator that can run a majority of the games pretty well.

5. Do u thinks the media engine can make a big difference with this emulator? bcuz when yoyofr tried full sound on the ME he had huge problem, and still is today thats why the new snes9xTYL is taking so long to release.
    In General emulation no. In sound emulation, It should be perfect for it.

Over all in general there are many issues with using the ME that must be sorted out before many progress far. The snes9x team is really doing a great job plowing though where nobody else is going still.

DCEmu Newbie

I am offially happy , i really think ur one of the best psp coders out there, your really determined to get this emulator wokring and i admire that, but thanx alot for answering my questions i appreciate it.
    Keep up the great work Psmonkey

PSP Coder

Np, I prefer people know and understand things insted of making ignorant guesses. It works quite well since quite a few here are not fully sure but are now making accurate technical guesses with out realising that.

DCEmu Newbie

lol, i know wat you mean, i know the basics of emulation on the psp but it seems a little confusing at times. i actually tried learning how to code but i think its really hard, this is the reason i admire coders. its takes alot of years of experience to get where u are in coding, am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    Untill I feel satisfied. Even when I have mario 64 running on my psp at 30-60fps I wont feel satisfied. I want to have a decent running n64 emulator that can run a majority of the games pretty well.
    Great to hear PSmonkey, You've made a ton of progress in the last months ... thanX for the constant updates!!

DCEmu Newbie

PSMonkey:
    Emulator to 30-60 Fps.

Single I can say that PSMonkey is a God, the best programmer of PSP without a doubt some, best homebrew of history in PSP.

continue its superb work

PSP Mod Creator

holy $#@!

DCEmu Newbie

really impressive....i brought a n64 back 97 and never get to play many games because of the high prices down here....and never could emulate it in my s*** computer....keep it up!

DCEmu Newbie

Nice PSMonkey... Cant wait for a Fully Featured N64 Emulator

PSP User

i am uploadin sum vids i got frm the mods at psp-hacks...
    all done:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/19186796/...4vids.rar.html

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information