Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been beaten but not out!

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by The Horny Antilope
    their wi-fi system really sucks. friend codes
    but i still enjoy my ds (like many of the games alot, sonic rush and castlevania dos are some of my fav portable games ever...) i just dont understand why nintendo didnt make ds with better hardware....
    The only known answer is because they are cheap. They will do as much as they can but only as long as it's cheap.

PSP Coder

Yay I survived alpha (i think). I got home last night at 4:30am, went to bed and got up at 10:15 this morning. :P

Anyways I though about it this morning and I think I am gonna backup my hle code and try just directly porting an old build of gln64 plugin. I know enough now on hle emulation that I think I can rewrite alot for psp hardware (lighting & transformation) & as well remove alot of overhead to try speeding things up. Hopefuly this will give me good looking gfx. If it doesnt then I am just gonna go back to my old code and debug the hell out of it.

So hopefuly if all can go well and I fix the issues, I'll post a build. I actualy last night I played some more of quest64 and it plays really

PSP Coder

Yay I survived alpha (i think). I got home last night at 4:30am, went to bed and got up at 10:15 this morning. :P

Anyways I though about it this morning and I think I am gonna backup my hle code and try just directly porting an old build of gln64 plugin. I know enough now on hle emulation that I think I can rewrite alot for psp hardware (lighting & transformation) & as well remove alot of overhead to try speeding things up. Hopefuly this will give me good looking gfx. If it doesnt then I am just gonna go back to my old code and debug the hell out of it.

So hopefuly if all can go well and I fix the issues, I'll post a build. I actualy last night I played some more of quest64 and it plays really good. I got as far as getting outside of the building but then the camera gets a little funky and its hard to play. I really would like atleast 1 game to play well before next build. If I get the textures & display issues fixed, atleast a decent chunk of games should play well.

*finishes PSmonkeys sentence*

...really good.

DCEmu Newbie

where have I heard of gln64 plugin before? is it in pj64?

DCEmu Coder

It's a 3rd party graphics plugin. You can use it to replace Zilmars PJ64 graphics plugin.

EDIT: Off-topic, but I can't get gln64 0.41 to work on my machine, I have a GeForce MX 5500, is that why? On Mario 64 all I can see is Mario and the rest is just black.

I think that it would be better if the emulator is optamized directly for the psps hardware without just porting it from something else.

PSP User

how is mario and other roms coming along now? also when you say quest plays well. it plays well although the textures arent fully done?
    what type of roms does it support. sorry for all the question getin a little to excited about this

PSP Coder

err i pushed enter too soon. I finished my sentance.

sroon,
    I heavly agree with you but at the moment it might be more wise for me to just take gln64 plugin and port. Once I can get that fully working well I can easly go back and fix my stuff but over all the results will be much better with gln64 in.

Yay! How long do you think it will take to port the gln64 plugin?

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information