Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So What is the Best Way to Get Homebrew on the Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

NDS So What is the Best Way to Get Homebrew on the Nintendo DS

When a newcomer comes to the Nintendo DS scene he or she sees so many different flash carts but which is the best Flash Cart for the Nintendo DS both in terms of easyness of use and compatability and Price.

Ill be interested to see what is the members choice.

For me its the Supercard/Passkey Combo but whats your choice and why ?

I got a PassKey direct from nastrium42 - Why pay more for distributors and shipping?

I previously used a Flash Linker Xtreme, but I put it up now that I have an SC-SD. It is much more convenient this way. I currently have 3 SD cards: one for homebrew/emulation, one for NDS games, and one for GBA games. I picked the SuperCard based on price and availability from a North American reseller.

I would have to agree with the Wraggster. My Supercard/Passme has never failed me (neither has my 1gig 150x speed CF card ). I've heard all kinds of stories of other cards having touch screen calibration being off, games not booting, save problems etc... But I've personally not had to deal with much of that (once I figured out how to use it ).

I would go through with the whole Flashme thing, just so my brother can use my Passme. Though I'm still kind of worried I'll mess my DS up. Can anyone confirm how easy/full proof the procedure is?

Blog Entries

Flashme doesnt interest me in the slightest, i get too scared flashing anything

DCEmu Newbie

i have a supercard and passme as well , i love it .. i flashed my DS with flashme 7 and its great, took all of about 5 mins .. i used the flat end of a drill bit to short the points, i would never go back and recommend flashme to everyone , if your brave enough :]

Lol, yeah. That's exactly my problem. I don't have any need for a two screen brick, lol. The thought of NOT having a Passme sticking 2-1/2 inches out the top is pretty appealing though.

I heard that someone was going to make a Flashme simulator for people with flashing phobias (a program that doesn't rewrite the firmware, but plays a sound when you've done it right (or something to that extent)). I'm not sure what's going on with it, but I'd be more willing to try the real deal with some practice.

DCEmu Newbie

i got a supercard CF and flashme (first had a passme)
    flashme was easy to install so now i only have my CF card sticking out but the fact that i can carry all my real games, both gba and DS, and other homebrew and such, and have music and video via moonshell, its a small price to pay. if/when lite makes it to UK with a good price might get it with a supercard sd mini as its the same size as gba cart so that i have very little sticking out of the lite, but until then my supercard CF has been fine on my ds

DCEmu Newbie

Jesus... First thing I did when I got my passkey was to install flashme

I'm getting the Datel Max Media Launcher and a M3 mini SD adaptor with 2gb 150x mini sd

Dcemu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Flashme doesnt interest me in the slightest, i get too scared flashing anything
    i flashed 6 DS and tomorrow i get the next.

i use a m3 cf. i love it, but i think a sc cf is as good as a m3 cf, but i bought a m3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information